Shrimp Diablo and ABT's

iceboxbbq said:
I stuff them with----------peanut butter

no way? really? I am so gullible. I cooked my first two fatties today, both are almost gone. One stuffed with jalapeno, green onion and probalone and one stuffed with green bell pepper, probalone and red onion. So I am going to cook one more in the morning and throw it in the rice dressing I am going to make.

Beer butt turkey is almost ready to come off as well as the pork shoulder.... brisket in a couple more hours.

I was going to make the grilled stuffed shrimp, but just didn't have the time to wrap all those buggers. Next time I'm sure.

ghostrider said:

Some version of 3-2-1 will work IF you cook cool, like the low 200's. I used to do that, and it worked then.

At 250 to 300, it only takes 2 hours or so to get to 170ish.
They are ready to eat then.
I just foil the extra ones and lay them aside.
I deal with them after I finish the first one :lol:

Adapt the time/ temp thing to your cooking style.

Enjoy.

TIM

no kidding Yes peanutbutter I think they are pretty good even my 73yr old mother loves them

iceboxbbq said:
no kidding Yes peanutbutter I think they are pretty good even my 73yr old mother loves them

I don't know your mother and this is in no way a reference to her, but I just got a picture in my head of a 73 year old lady with her dentures out eating a fatty filled with peanut butter and just fell out laughing!

"Here Grandma, try this!"

BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!

Whew!

My stomach hurts now.

easiest thing is to stuff the ABTs with your pulled pork, brisket works well too. I mark the pork from the beef by using those colored toothpicks.
forgot I throw cheese mixes in there too, experimenting with cream cheese as well

Sliced up some fatties and and threw them on top of some pulled pork and re-heated in the oven for lunch, piled on buns and the mixtue of cheese and pepper just made it! I will be sure to smoke the fatties above the butts next time!

Ok so I thought about doing something sweet in a fatty and decided to try (no, not peanut butter) some mashed sweet potatoes. I mixed them with honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, spiced rum and butter. I thought it could have been sweeter but overall I liked it.

The other one that sprung a leak is cheese, red onion and cream cheese. That's a smoked neckbone in the middle for my greens.

Attachments

• yamfatty2.jpg
    yamfatty2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 540
  • fattiesneckbone.jpg
    fattiesneckbone.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 543
  • yamfatty.jpg
    yamfatty.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 541
Back