Anybody cooking at the PigFest this year?

JohnMcD348

is Blowin Smoke!
Anybody coming to Lakeland, FL this year for the PigFest? Lakeland PigFest It's January 26-28 this coming year. I'm not a participant this year, maybe next in the BackYard division. Still working things out and thinking about puting together a team. My biggest problem is most of my friends lie to eat it but don't want to spend the time to cook it.

Anyway, I digress.... I signed up for the judging class on the 26th hoping to gain a better insight on what happens at these shindigs. I'm still a virgin to the whole thing other than doing it at home by myself....

If your our there, I'll look ya up, shake your hand and say Howdy...

JTMcD.

Tim and I were thinking about it - but I've got a job interview the 28th (yes, Saturday)...so we'll proably try for the FBA event at Winter Haven for our first outing of 2006.

I am so farking green with envy. It's at least 4 months before the next event up north here. You guys are farking killing me, but I mean that in a nice way. Best of luck guys.

Sawdustguy said:
I am so farking green with envy. It's at least 4 months before the next event up north here. You guys are farking killing me, but I mean that in a nice way. Best of luck guys.

Yeah, that's kinda the beauty of Florida. You can Que all year long and not have to worry about digging your grill or smoker out of the snow. I'm a rare breed of Homosapien known as the NativiusFLORIDANON:"Native Floridian" and wouldn't change it for the world. I lived in Illinois for a few short months while I was in the military and got to see both sides of Hell. I remeber the December morning I woke up in my room and opened the curtain and saw snow up to my window seal. I knwo right then and there that this Florida boy wasn't in Kansas anymore and wasn't abot to stay. I called my detailer(guy who cuts orders) and told him to get me out of there or I was going in to kiss the C.O. on the lips. One way or the other I was getting out of that base. He told me that the snow wasn't that bad if it was only up to my window, then I pointed out to him I lived on the second floor.
Two weeks later, I had orders back to Camp Lejeune in semi-Sunny N.C.

JTMcD.

lol Jimmi Hendrix wudda been proud of you for pullin that stunt:eek:

JohnMcD348 said:
Yeah, that's kinda the beauty of Florida. You can Que all year long and not have to worry about digging your grill or smoker out of the snow. I'm a rare breed of Homosapien known as the NativiusFLORIDANON:"Native Floridian" and wouldn't change it for the world.

Amen Bro

I am trying to get the CBJ class on Thrursday night.

Then, hopefully, Judge the event on Sat.

If not, anyone need a dishwasher????? :-D

TIM

If you ain't cooked in the Snow or Sub Zero Temps. ---Don't think about competing against the MOFO'S . We will kick some Flo Fo's Arse!!

Except you Jimmy----You have the cooker advantage:wink:

kapndsl said:
I am trying to get the CBJ class on Thrursday night.

Then, hopefully, Judge the event on Sat.

If not, anyone need a dishwasher????? :-D

TIM

Hey Tim, I'm hoping they get the class together to. If it comes together, we'll have to link up and have a beer after the class.

JTMcD

Back