Smoked Pork Loin with fresh fettucini and Portobella Mushroom Cream Sauce

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I had the urge to cook something a little fancy and more complex than I've been cooking lately. I was in The Whole Paycheck Store on Friday and they had some amazing grass fed pork loins. Grabbed on and some fresh fettucini and this is what I ended up with tonight.

The pork loin was brined over night in water, salt, brown sugar and Todd's Original Dirt. Before going on the smoker I seasoned it with more Dirt.

The mushroom cream sauce was seasoned with Todd's Cajun Dirt for a little kick in the sauce.

Enjoy...

Pork-Loin1.jpg

Hey fancy boy, that is a good looking plate of pork.

Here's another shot

Pork-Loin2.jpg

And I also smoke roasted some Delicato Squash with Todd's Dirt and honey

Delicato1.jpg

Looks mighty good, even for a fancy dish!:thumb:

That looks fantastic, Larry! Great job!

the second shot is a better image to me, shows the pork off better.

I stuffed, rolled, tied and smoked 66 of those just before Thanksgiving.... but they were stuffed with Wild Rice, Portabellos, onions garlic and Artichokes and had that Fred Wesley - with macerated Lay Down the Boogie and play that funky Music Till U Die Glaze on it

Last edited by a moderator:
the second shot is a better image to me, shows the pork off better.

Let's get the thread about my cook back on track...

Thanks landarc I agree the second one is better. I wanted to get something up and grabbed the first one that looked good. I'll have some more tomorrow.

All I know is that I'd hit a plate full! Larry, what's your approach to cooking any kind of pasta? I like flavoring the water as much as possible. What do yo use? I go mostly with a good bit of salt, course black pepper, even red pepper flakes and a bit of EVOO. One time I use a good bit of balsamic in the water. WOW. The pasta took on a darker color, but had some good flavor in it. The fet really ties it all in for me.

Bob

All I know is that I'd hit a plate full! Larry, what's your approach to cooking any kind of pasta? I like flavoring the water as much as possible. What do yo use? I go mostly with a good bit of salt, course black pepper, even red pepper flakes and a bit of EVOO. One time I use a good bit of balsamic in the water. WOW. The pasta took on a darker color, but had some good flavor in it. The fet really ties it all in for me.

Bob

I know very little about cooking pasta outside of the basics. This pasta was a tad bland and I could have used even more salt in the water. I also wish I had drizzled it with a little EVOO after draining.

I suppose I could have used some Todd's Dirt in the water, that might have helped. All and all I thought it came out close to what I had envisioned.

That sure looks great Larry I'd go for a plate or two :roll: :-D

That looks really good, a really great looking dish. Thanks for sharing.
How about the recipe for the mushroom cream sauce?

Oooooooo. Nice pork. Love the sauce. Try some salt,powdered garlic and parsley with evoo in the water sometime. We really like that.

That looks like one heck of a meal! Grass fed pork? Please elaborate.

Back