Nasi Rames last night..

GARNAAL

is one Smokin' Farker
when I make Sateh Babi - I always make a couple of pounds more than I need - freeze some in portions after it's marinated .. & skewer them when I thaw them out.. it's almost like when I keep some marinated in the freezer for a while that they come out tasting better..

305978_503452826354098_1539119036_n.jpg

then after we skewer them we fire up the BBQ..
395015_503452856354095_1608527126_n.jpg

and we make some plates of Nasi Rames..
with a home made sambal badjak baked from fried onions, shrimp paste, sambal oelek and ketjap manis.. a home made peanut sauce and atjar from the " Dutch kitchen" site of course.. and a telur mata sapi, krupuk and some Seroendeng..

483438_503452889687425_1099687146_n.jpg

Selamat Makan!

Sooo many terms to google to find out what ya said about that delicious looking food.

OK here goes:

starting with the egg on the picture with the plated food and going clockwise around..

telur mata sapi == fried egg

Krupuk == krupuk oedang - deep fried shrimp crackers

Seroendeng == mix of peanuts and shredded coconut roasted with a sprinkle of sugar

Atjar tjampoer == Indonesian sweet/sour pickled, finely shredded napa cabbage and carrots

Peanut sauce == spicy sauce made from blocks of grounded up peanuts (or use peanut butter), red pepper paste and sweet soy sauce (and I mix in some of the quickly boiled & reserved marinade from the Sateh Babi..)

Sateh Babi == cubed marinated pork - ~ 2 days in mix of Sweet soy sauce, Red wine, Red peper paste, lemon juice, fineley chopped up lemon grass, shot of gin, fineley chopped onion & green onion, some curry powder, pepper and salt.

Flied lice == fried rice..:mrgreen: in some sesame oil with chopped fried onion, chopped ham or chicken, finely scrambled egg, some cilantro and splash of soy sauce.

Sambal badjak == mix of sauteed chopped onion, Shrimp paste, Sambal Oelek (a red pepper paste) and Ketjap Manis (a sweet soy sauce).

All that stuff you find at your favorite Oriental Toko == store

Ok Garnaal, you know too much Indonesian to not have married one or lived there. Which is it?

none of the above... (I had a couple of Indonesian girlfriends though..):mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

served in the Dutch Airforce -
lots of Indonesian guys in my crews -
cooking up a storm during weekend duty - on charcoal between a couple of bricks outside the crew quarters...

Back