New to Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slasher

Reaction score
Heya to all my BBQ Bretheren!!!

New to the forum, but not new to que.... Having travelled extensively throughout the Southeast and even over to Texas and the Midwest... I have developed a great appreciation for good BBQ! However, that made my tolerance for bad que extremely low...

Been smoking more seriously since the late 90's when I was living in a barbeque desert.... Was excied one day to see a plywood sign saying "PIT BEEF" with a construction type trailer serving folks in an old parking lot in an old industrial area... I swung in got a few and was horrified to find that PIT BEEF in this region was not slow smoked beef pulled, sliced, or shaved; rather ground beef smothered in tomato sauce aka Sloppy Joes.... I went out and bought a charcoal side fire-box barrell smoker....

Well I am in Gawgia and even though there's plenty of good BBQ, I sometimes crave a style that isn't available in this region... Besides with the constraints of producing commercial BBQ, I think mine is as good if not much better!

Actually, I found this site in my search for a decent grill/smoker.... I have a GOSM propane but and seriously considering a ceramic as my wife bakes a lot of bread and I enjoy eating it as well....

Looking foreward to hanging out, learning a lot and even sharing a lil....

Welcome to the camp,
Slasher.
Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home,
Enjoy.

Welcome to our crazy little club house!

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell

Welcome from Indiana!!!!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hi from Virgina Beach VA. New to the forum and new to que. ya can really get lost in these threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back