Store bought Wood?

allboy

Full Fledged Farker
So who buy chunked wood in the bag? Many woods are not native to the NW so I'm stuck buying bags. I have picked up some of this Western wood and it has so much bark, and inconsistent sized pieces. Looking for a good brand.

I've purchased at both Academy Sports and ACE Hardware. Satisfied with both. Of course if rather score free wood when I can.

Nothing against it. My wood pile was wet the other day so I bought some bagged splits for a cook. Worked fine, just brutally expensive. I did the math and store bought kiln dried wood comes out to $1,950 a cord. As opposed to buying regular wood its about $400 a cord.

So who buy chunked wood in the bag? Many woods are not native to the NW so I'm stuck buying bags. I have picked up some of this Western wood and it has so much bark, and inconsistent sized pieces. Looking for a good brand.

Western Wood for me. Its great imo. I run multiple size cookers so nothing goes to waste. Even the small bits are good for me .

Western chunk is pretty much all I've ever used unless someone gives me some split. I've never paid attention to bark because I really don't notice any difference. It's part of the wood.

I used to buy chips, then i tried pellets, then i moved on to chunks. Then i realized clean burning wood produces less smoke, but better smell/tasting food. I switched back to pellets and could not be happier. It kicked my BBQ up a whole new level.

I've used it a few times when I didn't have a pile at home. No issues at all with the wood, just the price.

Back