Best of the BEST--WAYCROSS, GA (this year)

The_Kapn

Moderator Emeritus

Batch Image
Reaction score
First off, for anyone coming to BOTB and have not heard--It has moved down the road to Waycross, GA.
Supposed to be a great facility.

For me, BOTB has been my goal for over 4 years.
To be honest, I would "pass" on the party at the AR but would grab the Jack if offered.
But, ya gotta be either really good or really lucky for those.

BOTB invites the top 5 or 10 teams from all of the sanctioning bodies each year. Very diverse field and a merging of rules makes it a challenge.
I have cooked it for 3 of the last 4 years, either with other teams (Purple Turtle and GB's BBQ) or as Flirtin' just for the OPEN.

I had a goal of my own "INVITE" and clawed my way to the 9th in the FBA last year!!!!

Money is sent, nerves are on edge, and I (we) are ready!!!

Just got a note from Danielle (DivaQ) that she will not be down this year--gonna miss her and her crew!

One more goal for me is a quality GC, then I can "retire with dignity" :-D
Got 3 RGCs--just missing the big time a bit.

TIM

Last edited:
Good luck to you Kapn.

Your too good and too nice to retire anyway.

I live in Waycross, and I am still just a measley amateur. but I will be competing in the Open Category.

You are correct, the facilities that yall will be using is a lot better than what you were used to in Douglas. This is a large fari ground that is approx. 50 acres large. Teams will have plenty of space, and there are quite a few hotels nearby for anyone that needs them. Wal-Mart is less than a miles from the fairgrounds fro the last minute items that is needed, as well as a tractor supply and Lowe's.

If you have any questions about the area, please feel free to ask and I will answer them for you or anyone else wanting to know.

Back