Brisket, Butts and a friggin MESS!!!!

OMG...just read this for the first time. This is the greatest story ever.

I'm going back to read it again. Hilarious!

OMG...just read this for the first time. This is the greatest story ever.

I'm going back to read it again. Hilarious!

It is isn't it???:lol: LOL!! I can almost see Phil's dogs just standing there. One eyeballing the meat and the other enjoying the DP. This is one of the classic threads.

Hey Phil, when ya gonna recreate this for the sake of getting some pics?!:-D

invite me over.. i will do it in YOUR kitchen. Even bring the bags.

:)

I was just about to start marinating some meat and now you've got me second guessing myself.... haha great story.

I laughed out loud reading that. Thanks for the post...too bad about the wasted marinade concoction.

It's funny how when I run across an old link like this I laugh til I cry!:pound:

I can sympathize with the accounts of finding DP marinade in every nook and cranny, even days later. I'll share my story (not a hijack, just sharing how I know of this).

Waaaay back when I was much younger, I worked at a 7-11. I worked the graveyard shift. Luckily, there was a bar down the street which many of my friends hung out at and would stop in on their way home and chat for a spell.

Did I mention I was much younger? As in, even more immature than I am now? It's true.

One night one of us (probably me but I don't remember exactly) decided it would be AWESOME to put a 2-liter of Coca-Cola in the microwave and see if it would melt and spill everywhere or explode. We didn't have to ponder it very long before we knew we were going to find out the answer to this mystery.

We figured we would wait two aisles down in case the result was of the explosive variety. Luckily, nobody came in the store, but after the bar crowd goes home, nobody ever came around until the early risers got up and wanted coffee, so I knew it would be quiet.

It took about 15 minutes before it happened. I was betting it was just going to melt if anything after taking that long, either that or just do nothing.

That farker blew the farking microwave door open, spewing boiling hot Coca-Cola over every square inch of the farking store, over tens, no HUNDREDS of thousands of tiny little pieces of merchandise, up every farking wall, on the floors, the cooler doors, the windows, you name it!

Luckily, I had a few hours to clean up, which I did my damnedest to try and do. I got the floors to stop being sticky. I got the walls, cooler doors, windows and registers clean. Getting the merchandise clean??? Well, I did what I could.

Needles to say, the next day when I reported to work for 2nd shift (with 4 people on duty), my coworkers kept finding these "sticky spots", and the floors in a couple spots had become sticky again, even after repeated moppings. It seemed they would only not be sticky for about 20 minutes after mopping. Also, that is when I learned the microwave was "out of order", it wouldn't turn on (I didn't check that)!!!

Also, as I rang people up for the next few days, I would grab their merchandise to ring it up and find little sticky specks on it.

It was so hard to contain my farking laughter during all this for the next few days. I don't know how that incident kept quiet, it was never found out, I was never fired for it like I deserved to be. That store was closed YEARS ago when a QuickTrip moved next door.

OK, hijack off.

Love this thread Phil...I laughed REAL hard.

I see that this thread started in 11-21-2003, 08:00 PM. This is definite sticky material. I have not laughed so hard in my life. Favorite lines...

Dont get mad, get Glad MY ASS.

the dam 2 dogs are standing in the marinade, lookin at me....the bird dog is eyeing the pork butts like its friggin pheasent. The sheperd is drinking the sh*t off the floor

My kids dont know wheather they should come help or run for farking cover.

And while all this was goin on.. whats goin thru my head.. i gotta take a picture of this to post.

drip drip drip drip... thats when "I cant believe that just happened" set in.

The kids heard the commotion and came in from the den to see me staing there in a puddle with chunks of flesh all over the floor.. Stopped them dead in their tracks.. they just stood there, mouths open.. lookin at me.. All I can say to them was "SAY NOTHING... Go get the mop." James came back with the Marinade Mop which I didnt think was funny.. (I actually did). Jackie was scrambling for anything.. Chit, she would show up with Q-tip in her panic..

and even better, both dogs were right next to me lookin up with this.. HA HA ass*ole look on there faces......

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm watching a ****ty hawks game right now and after reading this I'm in a much better mood. Just have to wipe the tears off of my face. Wheehew way to funny. :clap2:

This is just a wonderful post. My wife and I read this before and it's just as funny again. My sides hurt from visualizing this. Thanks Pooh!!!

This will bring a smile / laugh no matter what kind of day your having....

Thanx Phil for sharing

Have you looked up at the ceiling yet? Did it survive unscathed? I had a bad week and you have made me forget it, thanks!

So hilarious!!...I even read the whole story for all of my friends..the part about the dogs is great!

Wifey & I cracked up. They say that we laugh at others misfortune. Your sad tale sure proves it. Thanks for making our day!!

stumbled on this gem,

I know I am going to chuckle every time I grab a Dr Pepper for as long as I live

stumbled on this gem,

I know I am going to chuckle every time I grab a Dr Pepper for as long as I live

Sooo glad you did stumble :laugh:!

no... first reaaction SH*T! Fark!! PISS!!! Damn!!!! Arms started flailing as I did this friggin dance trying to catch 4 seperate pieces of slimy meat.. trying to catch them mid flight.. and hold the bag together at the same time.... all the time just making more of a mess.. then I just kinda stood there.. totally dumbfounded.. holding the bag in my hands ....drip drip drip drip... thats when "I cant believe that just happened" set in. The kids heard the commotion and came in from the den to see me staing there in a puddle with chunks of flesh all over the floor.. Stopped them dead in their tracks.. they just stood there, mouths open.. lookin at me.. All I can say to them was "SAY NOTHING... Go get the mop." James came back with the Marinade Mop which I didnt think was funny.. (I actually did). Jackie was scrambling for anything.. Chit, she would show up with Q-tip in her panic..

and even better, both dogs were right next to me lookin up with this.. HA HA ass*ole look on there faces......

Newport, the pointer also had Dr Pepper on his head... which I didnt know till about 1AM last night when I was sitting there pettin him...

Wanna here more?? . this morning as I pulled the bag out of the fridge, it got hung up on the shelf bracket and a little hole popped in the bag.. HOLY SH*T.. figgin panic.. goin NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO... this time I had slid a big cutting board to underneath to support the weight.. Ran into the kitchen with the bag pissin little squirts across the floor.

I think Im gonna stick with Burgers.

FEAR!!! The look on both their faces was FEAR!!! They both came into the room and froze. When James ran into the garage, and came back with mariande mop.. THATS what lightened things up.. but he still did it with FEAR. As he held out the mop, you can see he was ready to RUN!. Jackie just kinda ran in circles with her eyes blinking and hands waving..

Hope everyone realizes, this was 3 years ago... a resurected classic from another thread. The sick think is, that when i replaced my fridge this past summer, the stain was still there, and still some crud way in the back.. James saw it and said... Hey DAD!! Remember that stuff?

These are the parts that realy got me goin' :rofl:

It's been nearly two years since this little piece of work has seen the light of day. Seems like it needs a bump for some of the newer folk to revel in. Another thread made me think of it. There are memories, there are classics and there are CLASSICS!

Back