My adventure begins...

Im about to put them on now, just rapped the pork in foil, one side of the meat is at like 170 and the other is at 155 stalled on me hard been there for a couple hours now. When the temp finally breaks and starts going up again will it be quick or slow like it has been? Spares are getting ready and soon prepping the ABT's. Beer, beautiful Florida weather. God is good, beer is great and people are crazy!

Lookin good from here!

It looks like the butt is getting darker on the one side (I assume that's the side facing the firebox?). If so, flipping it or turning it may not be a BAD idea, just to keep the bark consistent.

Foiling isn't really necessary unless you're running behind (this will accelerate things a bit by "steaming" the meat in the foil) or the butt is getting really dark and you don't want to put any more smoke on it.

Where's them ribs????:becky:

Keep it up!

Oh, and I think it's: "God is great, beer is good and people are crazy".

.....just sayin.:rolleyes:

Im making ABT's with sausage and cream cheese, do I cook the sausage first?

will be doing a 2-2-1 on the ribs.
IMG_0557.jpg

Temp on the pork is climbing fast almost at 190... soon as it hits 200 Ill wrap wrap wrap it put it in the cooler with towels!

Temp on the pork is climbing fast almost at 190... soon as it hits 200 Ill wrap wrap wrap it put it in the cooler with towels!

If its a bone-in butt... the exposed bone end should feel like a very, very loose tooth.... thats your indicator its ready.

After a coolered rest... should come out clean without any effort with your fingertips.

Lookin good from here!

Oh, and I think it's: "God is great, beer is good and people are crazy".

.....just sayin.:rolleyes:

This is true however I think the beers had some kind of mind control over me... Good catch!

And now the hard part... to wrap that great smelling butt :shock: in towels and leave it alone in the cooler until 1830 for a pulling party... let the guests tear it apart... a real in your face experience.

Then you Sir... will have given them a taste of home.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

[Edit... how's the chicken coming?]

Just put the chicken on, it was a lil late however if it takes exactly 3 hours I should be fine. How long should I let that bird rest? Shoulder is resting hot damn that was hard to put away my belly was like no dont dont nooooooo.... Ribs got maybe one more hour, should I look for a temp or use the bend method bandit?

Bending will reveal how much of the connecting fibers have melted/released... leaving the flexibility... another method is tugging at the rib bones... exposed 1/4" ... starting to show "wiggle room" .

Falling of the bone tender is actually overcooked... look for the wiggle room instead.

Depending on your fire and temp... breast @ 165* and deepest part of thigh @ 180*... about 2-3 hours.
Chicken will be a reddish/pink color once bitten into... is not undercooked ... look for clear running juices to confirm.

Rest the bird about 10-15 minutes... easy.

Brothers, Ill have more pron tomorrow, Im in meat coma now, my over all opinion. Pork great, ribs sauce to early bark was a little charcoaly chicken kicked *** and ABT ya very addictive. holy lord BBQ is proof there is a God...

Back