Batch Image
Batch Image
All over the map. Things I’ve seen
14$ case unroasted
16$ case roasted
19$ case roasted
1.88# unroasted
0.75# unroasted

All say they are from the Hatch Valley. A website for New Mexico Certified Chile Program- that certifies Hatch Valley chile- kind of a soft buyer beware.

Regardless. The Chile I’ve seen in cases are not filled with the large thick meaty that I prefer.

Patience Chileheads, patience. Good things are coming

Last edited:
All over the map. Things I’ve seen
14$ case unroasted
16$ case roasted
19$ case roasted
1.88# unroasted
0.75# unroasted

All say they are from the Hatch Valley. A website for New Mexico Certified Chile Program- that certifies Hatch Valley chile- kind of a soft buyer beware.

Regardless. The Chile I’ve seen in cases are not filled with the large thick meaty that I prefer.

Patience Chileheads, patience. Good things are coming

Where are you located? Married into the NM Green Chile cult. This Iowa boy loves it, and we need to get some shipped.

I’ve been hand picking 5-8 Hatch peppers at a time each trip in the store. Picked up a good stash of Pueblo’s in Pueblo the other day.

You ever heard the term "Chit for Brains"

Thats me.

My problem is I have a hard time using them. I must have half of last August's haul, roasted and frozen, but not in cryo suck so they are probably going bad.

I can't tell you how many times, 50 maybe, in the last year I've made eggs, chili, pepper steak, etc etc and remembered the hatch in the freezer AFTER I'm done.

I even picked up a 32oz hatch salsa from Trader Joes.

What a dumbass

g9XkC1.jpg

iMVFWl.jpg

Brother I’m committed to around 20-25# fresh roasted this year. Half Pueblo half Hatch. I’m just buying individual long thick Hatch now a few at a time. I really want to get a few pounds of the brightly colored for presentation. 505 Hatch jarred at Sam’s, Santa Fe Chile And Lorena’s (sp) Chimayo jarred are all good. Lots of good eats in the game now.

I grow my own...
I know! I know! If I grow em in Kansas I can't call em Hatch peppers. But I grow em from the same seed stock so they turn out to be some awesome green chiles no matter what you call em...

I grow my own...
I know! I know! If I grow em in Kansas I can't call em Hatch peppers. But I grow em from the same seed stock so they turn out to be some awesome green chiles no matter what you call em...
The plants I buy are called Big Jim. This is my first year growing them to try to roast. Roasted enough last night on the Weber gasser to fill three one gallon zip lock bags. Did not peel them. Plan on doing that when I get back from a weekend camping trip. No idea how hot they are if hot at all.

Robert

Hatch chiles are running .99lb here.
I still have a freezer full and about a case of my home canned chile sauce. This will be the first year I'm passing on buying them. Feels strange.... lol

Back