Pot size for mini help

I got this one from WalMart online, it's the "Made In China" one and is a great fit.

DSC02242ac.jpg

My second one is a Vasconia and I think I got it on Amazon, I like the heavy duty handles, and the fit is just as good.

I bought the Vasconia from Walmart when it was on sale, a couple of months ago. I have been looking for a deal on a S J Gold either new, or used on Craigslist. No luck so far.

pot was from target last march.
and it was the IMUSA 32-qt. Aluminum Tamale Steamer.
fit was pretty snug, but overtime(use) fit gets better:grin:
IMG_0241_zps33943cd0.jpg

Great looking smoker! It looks like it is built with the SM Silver. I can get a Silver from my local Ace hardware for about 30 bucks. I was thinking that the Gold was the "go to" for the mini WSM. What is the difference in the performance between the two?

The difference if mostly preference. With the silver most people put a can with holes to make sure the intake doesn't get ashed up. I like the intakes on the side of the gold so I went with that. Ordered it shipped to store from Walmart.

pot was from target last march.
and it was the IMUSA 32-qt. Aluminum Tamale Steamer.
fit was pretty snug, but overtime(use) fit gets better:grin:
IMG_0241_zps33943cd0.jpg
OK, how did you paint the Weber sign, that's cool!

so instead of buying the IMUSA from walmart u paid double to buy it from BBB? youre kidding right?

Humm......let's see, Walmart is out of stock, they have been out of stock, and no one knows when they will be in stock, so.........

Humm......let's see, Walmart is out of stock, they have been out of stock, and no one knows when they will be in stock, so.........
Don't mind jbounds...he seems to like arguing for the sake of arguing more than I do.

Don't mind jbounds...he seems to like arguing for the sake of arguing more than I do.

It's all good Peeps, everybody has something that they spend way more money on than they should.

The way I see it, I cook almost everyday and before I was going thru 2 1/2 bags + a week, now with the mini, one bag has lasted a week and a half. That $40 pot I bought will be paid for very quick!!!

It's all good Peeps, everybody has something that they spend way more money on than they should.

The way I see it, I cook almost everyday and before I was going thru 2 1/2 bags + a week, now with the mini, one bag has lasted a week and a half. That $40 pot I bought will be paid for very quick!!!
:thumb:

Even if you spend double (or triple) on the pot, you are still in it for less than half the cost of a 14.5" WSM from Weber, so :clap2:

I use the mini almost daily and a 20 lb bag will last several weeks in the mini....granted some are smaller cooks.

Now that Weber makes a 14.5" WSM, has anyone looked into just purchasing a replacement center. If it cost about the same as these pots or just a little more, it may be just as cost effective.

Back