Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Sayville, NY - Oct 24-26, 2008

Got lucky, I found them (bone in Butts) at the Orange, CT Restaurant Depot on Saturday...

Had the same experience in the past... sometimes there, sometimes not....

I have had even less success on Sundays...

They get their last shipment for the week on Friday...

If you go during the week (which I can't) the odds improve..

You could try the Yonkers Restaurant Depot...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Sledcast

Friday Night, Oct 24

34.gif

Low: 41 °F RealFeel®: 37 °F
Clear to partly cloudy

Saturday, Oct 25
04.gif

High: 60 °F RealFeel®: 54 °F
Breezy with times of sun and clouds

Saturday Night, Oct 25
18.gif

Low: 53 °F RealFeel®: 43 °F
Very windy; rain, some heavy

Sunday, Oct 26
06.gif

High: 62 °F RealFeel®: 54 °F
Mostly cloudy and breezy with a chance of rain

Sunday Night, Oct 26
35.gif

Low: 47 °F RealFeel®: 40 °F
An evening shower; otherwise, partly cloudy and breezy

Melville had plenty of Bone in butts yesterday afternoon, call first see if they still have them ask for the meat manager:biggrin:

I'm hoping for some improvement in the forecast. My cheap canopies will not withstand the heavy winds!

There is a Butcher shop close to the area of the competition that has three locations. They normally have bone in butt and boneless. The name is Cow Palace there is a link www.cowpalacebutchershop.com . Give them a call and tell them you are competing in the Sayville BBQ Contest. :-D

There is a Butcher shop close to the area of the competition that has three locations. They normally have bone in butt and boneless. The name is Cow Palace there is a link www.cowpalacebutchershop.com . Give them a call and tell them you are competing in the Sayville BBQ Contest. :-D
Do you know what they chrage a pound? Some butchers get a little carried away

thanks for the info, you could of posted this AFTER i went there:rolleyes::tongue:

Do you think I would sell you down the river and not give you an extra paddle? lamo...I have 4 bone in butts...bone head! lol just incase you couldn't get them:tongue:lol

Best of luck everyone. Hope you have a great weekend, and that the weather Sledcast improves. Please post Pics. How many teams

Can I pre roll my fatty???? I am talking about the meat!
Also what size are the pizza turn in boxes?

When do we have to have all cars out of the area on Saturday? I thought it was 8am, but i think on the website it says 7am.

8am according to the email, although I think the main road in closes at 7am. I'm shooting for a 6:30am arrival.

Can I pre roll my fatty???? I am talking about the meat!
Also what size are the pizza turn in boxes?
I just got off the phone with the Poohbah. The fatty can be pre-rolled. He also said that a 12" & 14" pizza box will be available. Your choice and will be given out at the cooks meeting.

I just wanted to wish everyone GOOD LUCK this weekend and have a great time. I will be closing on the sale of my house on Oct 31 and we are in mad packing mode trying to make sure everything is done. Heading for West Palm Bch on the Autotrain 11/1. Sled Jr.(Stevie), sorry we never got to go for a ride in the Vette, it is now down in Florida. But maybe if you come down with Dad for a comp we can meet up.
There is a slight chance that we may come by late Sat but that is up in the air. You guys are the BEST.

Back