What is your team doing this winter?

Sawdustguy

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
It is going to be a busy winter for the 2 Fat Polocks BBQ Team. We are getting our Rubs bottled professionally, having t-shirts made, practicing ever other weekend, going through our equipment to see what we might like to add or not take with us, and deciding on what events we will cook in 2006 (5 events). What is your team doing to prepare for 2006.

We are doing BBQ's for phesant hunting Lodges. and Football tail gating Q's

What's winter?:biggrin: FL events continue into December and the we're already planning for the new season that starts in January.

Finances are an issue as is travel distances vs. fuel costs.

If we can't cook we'll judge.

Getting certified as a judge in January.
Updating our Web site.
Maybe re-working our logo.
Waiting to hear if a possible catering job becomes a reality in February.
Joining "Kookers Kare" and cooking at the March charity event.
Experimenting with rubs.
Hoping to look into a new contest rig for 2006 if the company doesn't cut out the bonus: cargo van and a trailer smoker.

We will be experimenting making sausages, relaxing and practicing as much as possible.

Not that this is Winter yet, but October is BBQ for Seniors month (KCBS and NBBQA)

I'm thinking of cooking a bandera load of butts in the next week or two for the place my mom is staying at.

willkat98 said:
Not that this is Winter yet, but October is BBQ for Seniors month (KCBS and NBBQA)

I'm thinking of cooking a bandera load of butts in the next week or two for the place my mom is staying at.

I won't get it done in October but the local Meals on Wheels program is tight on money so I thought I'd offer to do a full BBQ dinner for them on my dime so they can deliver some good stuff!

Jeff and Bill,

I can say with absolute certainty that both of your hearts are in the right place. God bless you both.

Back