New Member in WI, but from KY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aebs

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

First off, I want to thank Saiko for turning me on to this group. He and I work for the same company (we'll call it MonsterCorp to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent alike) and we met at a seminar and he was kind enough to let me know about this group. I've been lurking for a couple of months, and the knowledge I've picked up already scares me. Thank you.

I'm originally from Kentucky, but now live in suburban Milwaukee. It's a slightly different culture. Here folks think that the verbs "to grill" and "to barbecue" are synonyms. People talk about barbecuing brats. I guess in theory you could, but that's not what these folks are doing. My wife is a recent convert to the differences, and she is starting to understand why we have 4 cooking appliances in the backyard (NB Silver Smoker, Brinkmann water smoker, one Weber kettle and her Kingsford kettle), and she is threatening to buy me a Bandera as a Christmas present. God Bless that Little Yankee Girl of mine. I used to bury a pig for the Kentucky Derby every year, but since I've moved into her house and her name is on the deed, that ain't happening again anytime soon.

Thanks for the info and for a great site. Y'all take care.

Aebs

Great to have you as a new brother!

Hope you enjoy the site!

Welcome! Glad you've quit lurking and joined the fray.

Welcome, we are almost neighbors.

Welcome, oh Brother of the Usinger Order.

I get up your way couple times a year, for Brats, and for a weekend at the Downtown Hilton. Had inlaws in Red Deer or something like that, little NW of the city (I think)

Glad you found us.

Who is Seiko?

willkat98 said:

I get up your way couple times a year, for Brats, and for a weekend at the Downtown Hilton. Had inlaws in Red Deer or something like that, little NW of the city (I think)

Glad you found us.

Who is Seiko?

We are almost neighbors. If you mean Brown Deer for where your inlaws were, that's just down the road. Brats are a right tastey treat, so the Cheeseheads got that right. Now if they can learn that mops just aren't for cleanin'...

I meant Saiko, not Seiko. My bad.

Welcome to the group glad you joined in.

Aebs said:
willkat98 said:

Glad you found us.

Who is Seiko?

We are almost neighbors. If you mean Brown Deer for where your inlaws were, that's just down the road. Brats are a right tastey treat, so the Cheeseheads got that right. Now if they can learn that mops just aren't for cleanin'...

I meant Saiko, not Seiko. My bad.

It was brown deer.

And Seiko likes to be called that.

Something about taking a licking.

Welcome! I want you as my Trading Post partner. I need an Evo engine real bad!!

Welcome. Glad to see another Kentucky native on the board.

Where in Kentucky are you from?

Welcome Brother! Don't worry, we won't hold your association with Saiko against you :lol: !!

Aebs,
she is threatening to buy me a Bandera as a Christmas present.
OK, If you don't make her follow through, ya are crazy. Do what it takes :lol:
Let me know, I could use a 2nd Dera :lol: :lol:

Welcome into our world!

TIM

Aebs, welcome. These guys are fantastic. Since you been reading the boards, you know they are truly brothers. Glad to have you with us.

Welcome aboard Aebs, enjoy what you learn and share what you know. I'm just across the lake from you to the southeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back