My wife wants to try my smoker

Spicy-Meat

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My wife says to me today that she wants to smoke me dinner on the Lang for fathers day. she has never smoked before so I'm excited. I'm thinking ribs but not sure what else. Either way, if she likes it I might have a smokin partner :clap2:

Great for her. Just make sure she is successful on her first cook. Ribs may be hard to get right on first try. You might offer to stand in as second cook. Could be tricky ground to tread on and not dash her enthusiasm. Good luck.

That's awesome!! Ben married 22 years. My wife loves to cook but has never shown interest in cookin on anything outdoors. Best of luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in stealth mode.

Great for her. Just make sure she is successful on her first cook. Ribs may be hard to get right on first try. You might offer to stand in as second cook. Could be tricky ground to tread on and not dash her enthusiasm. Good luck.

Yep I couldn't agree more! But what could be nicer than to spend some quality time around the Lang with the wife.

That's awesome! Big Al finally saw the light and started cooking with me - now it's something we share.
I think ribs are a good gateway cook - not too long, not too difficult.
Get her to do some ABTs for you and some beans. Oh - and a naked Fatty

Don't do it!!! you may never get your pit back. LOL

Good luck to her.

That's awesome! I'd love to get my wife to join me cooking outdoors. She loves the food, but hates the smoke. lol

That is freakin awesome. You definitely have a keeper.

That's Great, you have a wonderful wife and best wishing cooking together.

That is awesome! I cant get my wife to eat half of what I bbq, let alone try cooking it herself.

Good for you. Sounds like your a lucky man.

My wife had a great time. The only thing I did was get the Lang lit and ready for the ribs. She did everything else including adding the notes to my log book. The ribs were juicy and full of flavor. Complete success! I posted a few pics.

Getting ready to put the baby backs on
photo-4.jpg

Crossing her fingers
photo-5.jpg

Adding the glaze two hours into the smoke
photo-6.jpg

Finished product
photo-7.jpg

Cut and ready to serve
photo-8.jpg

Back