Pork Shoulder

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I am just firing up the Traeger for another cook. I am doing a boneless pork should about 3-4lbs. Just something small today. I am just amazed at how moist the traeger keeps it as it comes out better than my bone in shoulders i have done on my kettles. Although my ribs definitely come out much better on my weber kettle. Anyways, that is why I have multiple grills. I thought I would had some Pron as I just found my chord to hook my iphone to the laptop. I also added a pic of my new pellet grill. It is a Traeger Junior Elite. Time to make more dry rubs and bbq sauce as I am out of both now. :thumb:

Attachments

• New Pics 069.jpg
    New Pics 069.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 58
  • New Pics 058.jpg
    New Pics 058.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 58
Yeah I post some pics when I am done. I have been looking for the chord for my phone to add pics forever. My wife hid it in the laptop bag that we don't even use lol. Oh well at least I can add pics from now on. It should make my posts more interesting. I figure four hours of smoke and then finish it at 250 degrees for 5 more hours. Yes I said 4 or 5 more hours. I did that the one night cause I was a little late home from work and the bark was perfect and and extremely tender. I love being able to cook while I go to work. Its less hassle then my kettles but I still love my kettles for certain things. Just I have to load a 30 yard dumpster today and get it done asap. Hopefully the latest I will get that done will be monday night. We did a kitchen overhaul and gutted the house and we just have to add trim and fill the dumpster. My dad has the trim at his house staining it all for me as I don't have room to do it. Had to wait until tax refund to do that and also how I got my Traeger. I love tax refund season.

Back