***VOTE..."Brisket" Throwdown...VOTE***

Who should win the "Brisket" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Brisket"[/size] throwdown!
Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]BFoster[/size]
BFoster.jpg

[size=+2]bowhnter[/size]
bowhnter.jpg

[size=+2]Crue-B-Cue[/size]
Crue-B-Que.jpg

[size=+2]Diva Q[/size]
Diva_Q.jpg

[size=+2]gpalasz[/size]
gpalasz.jpg

[size=+2]HoosierTrooper[/size]
HoosierTrooper.jpg

[size=+2]Kosmo's Q[/size]
Kosmos_Q.jpg

[size=+2]roastntoast[/size]
roastntoast.jpg

[size=+2]smokerdude[/size]
smokerdude.jpg

[size=+2]thenewguy[/size]
thenewguy.jpg

[size=+2]thirdeye[/size]
thirdeye.jpg

Wow, tough competition.....right until i saw that Pastrami! :eek:

Just for the record, you've been doing a GREAT job with these throwdowns Chris! :biggrin:

Ditto on the T-down GREAT job Chris!

Seems like we're missing some folks from this competition??

Anyway...all look amazing and gotta go with DivaQ.

Great looking briskets, especially Smokerdude's leftovers... that could be the true test of how good his really was.

Another tough one, I had to vote for "gpalasz"
Got some good looking bark with that one.
Nice Job to everyone.

Wow, that wasn't even DivaQ's best pic. It was over when she posted.

Wow, tough competition.....right until i saw that Pastrami! :eek:

Just for the record, you've been doing a GREAT job with these throwdowns Chris! :biggrin:

Did I miss the Pastrami Throwdown?

I was surprised we only had 11 enter this time, but it's still a tough call. I had planned on cooking a brisket but had to change plans. It's still in cryo in the fridge.

Maybe someday we'll have a pastrami throwdown!:cool:

I had a lot of trouble picking out the best pic from a couple peoples lineups.

Thanks to everyone who enters and/or votes!:biggrin:

I had a tough time deciding, had it down to 3. I went with gpalasz in the end this week. It wasn't an easy pick. This week could be real close.

Voted for gpalasz

Not hungry at all but could go for some good Brisket right now!

One of the harder choices to make in a throwndown because each one looked good!

Great looking brisket everyone.
I had it down to two, but had to go with...

Aw shucks, you can see who I went with.

Had to go with Smokerdude, his pic was just raw pron!!! Not raw as in uncooked raw just raw as in emotion strong and undisguised.

Liked Diva and gpalasz except for the parsley. I guess I won't ever do well in a comp (never been to one) because I don't like using the green stuff. Takes away from the meat IMHO.

Looks like it might be a tight race between Diva Q and gpalasz! Good luck everyone!

Hey, I got one vote and I didn't vote for myself! Honest. Cool and thanks to whoever it was.

Thirdeye excluded because I its pastrami (good job though) and you all know i CAN'T STAND PRETTY PAGEANT PLATES!!!

FIRST - FIRST I say Crue B Cue had the "best"... no sorry "correct" texture. Too bad he spilled some wood stain all over it. LOL

FIRST - SECOND - Smokerguys brisket, ababandoned, cold, congealed, leftover, probably tasted awesome and melted in the mouth. The bark was textbook too. I would have to say that smokerguy probably had the best brisket of ANY EVER POSTED ON THE BRETHREN. HAD WE SEEN IT. LOL He may have made the post as a joke but his irreverence to Kansas City BS is endearing and powerful.

He represents where all of us old time competitors would have gone to eat at AFTER the Brisket pagent had ended. I mean who wants to eat the winners Q? Competition Q is designed to taste... NOT eat... I mean EAT!!!!

FIRST - Third - Diva Q - Would have been first but that dang green stuff is in the way. It could be photochopped.

HM - What do Diva, gpalsz, Crue B cue and the newguy all have in common? Proper voids between the muscle strands. IE their brisket pulls properly (err... uh... scuse me... properly would be by Texas Standards)

Some samples submitted had green stuff under and around it, which of course, ruins any brisket unless its collards or slow cooked greens or bean salad.

LOL Remember, in the words of one of our Brethren here, "It's Texas against the rest of the world in Brisket"

I trust this post will be received with the proper beligerance it was intended. Seriously... everyone did a great job. I

FIRST - FIRST I say Crue B Cue had the "best"... no sorry "correct" texture. Too bad he spilled some wood stain all over it. LOL

Wood stain??? :eek: That was brisket juice. Seriously though, that was probably my best brisket. And mostly because what I learned from you about salt. I ditched the foil and cooked it until it was tender. I ended pulling it off the smoker at 202*. It came off about an hour earlier than I thought it would, so I then wrapped in foil and rested it for a little over an hour. I though it was going to be dry because there was only a tiny little bit of juice left in the foil. After I sliced, it was plenty moist. It was all still in the meat. :cool: I had already taken a few pictures without the juice. My wife then poured the juice over the meat to chunk the foil. Looking at the preview I realized one of my pics was little blurry, so I snapped another real quick.

I think I'll keep my briskets funky from now on.

Nice ends gpalasz. I'd dive into that brisket. What kind of pit???
db

Back