Electric Knife Recommendations

H

huckjr

Hello brethren. With turkey season fast approaching, I was wondering what electric knife would you recommend and why. The fiancee just told me that I must get one for this year.

Google electric knife reviews or epinions.com if this helps at all.

3a988d01.jpg

404a736b.jpg

I can't comment on any other electric knives..... but I have a Rapalla and it works great. Mine came in a kit with two blades (replacement ones are $10) and is 12V or 110V. It has a super long cord and there is a cutting board that clips onto the outside of the case.​

Hello brethren. With turkey season fast approaching, I was wondering what electric knife would you recommend and why. The fiancee just told me that I must get one for this year.

In my opinion, in most cases the average joe uses his electric knife about once or twice a year for a turkey or ham. Go to wally world and buy the cheapest one you can find. It will be up to the task.

I use an electric knife to fillet my walleyes and probably do hundreds of them a year. I use either a "mister twister" knife or , lately an American Angler "ultra". Either one does a good job but I wouldn't necessarily recommend one to just carve the occasional turkey.

I use the el cheapo from wal mart since I don't use it very often. Works great for when I need it for briskets etc. but I also filet fish with it and it makes quick work of those speckled trout I so love to catch.

The Cuisinart model is pricey but ive heard great things from those I know who own one

boy you really like that automated google thing..second thread ive seen it in today.
I think maybe this guy wants some first hand recomendations from some brethren vs just reading a bunch of online reviews
I mean we could pretty much google every question asked on this forum

My thoughts exactly billm. Any question asked here can be googled. Thanks to all that answered with which electric knife that THEY currently use and/or would recommend.

3a988d01.jpg

404a736b.jpg

I can't comment on any other electric knives..... but I have a Rapalla and it works great. Mine came in a kit with two blades (replacement ones are $10) and is 12V or 110V. It has a super long cord and there is a cutting board that clips onto the outside of the case.​

Count me in on as another happy owner of a Rapala. I have an extra long straight blade as well, that can make short work of brisket when needed as well.

I recommend that you do not try running them submerged in the sink.

Honestly an electric knife is so ....... it's kind of like using your oven and liquid smoke and calling it BBQ.

Buy good knives and an EdgePro sharpener and leave them in your will to your children. Actually mine all go to my eldest grandson.

The Cuisinart model is pricey but ive heard great things from those I know who own one

I have a Cuisinart, it works fine, the handle is a little boxy for my taste and the cord is too short. It's fine for occasional use, but I think I'd shop around a bit if I had to use it every day.

I have this one http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=203153977&listingid=53127329

Simple black & decker model. Works fine, and as I only use it several times a year at most, it has lasted as long as my marriage - 19 years & counting.

I don't use it to fillet fish (i buy mine filleted already :mrgreen:), and I have a couple of nice knives I use to carve meats (brisket, etc)

boy you really like that automated google thing..second thread ive seen it in today.
I think maybe this guy wants some first hand recomendations from some brethren vs just reading a bunch of online reviews
I mean we could pretty much google every question asked on this forum

"a bunch of online reviews" beats your heresay recomendation by a mile bro. So much for "first hand recomendations" eh?

Back