Stubbs Charcoal @ Lowes

1FUNVET

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have not used this brand, but i see Lowes has 15# bag on sale for 6.97.
Has anyone had any bad experiences with it or should i just continue with RO?:?:

I like it too. That seems like a pretty good price as well.

There was another thread on this forum (probably still here) about insulation, rocks, plastic etc. in a lot of RO lately. Don't know if this is specific to RO, but probably worth a change of pace for you to see what you think.

I have been using Stubbs since Lowes started carrying it this year. It is a nice charcoal. Burns long, even, low ash, and no funny chemicals.

I will have to pick up a few bags this weekend since it is on sale...thanks!

Since i have to go to Lowes to get some more rocks for my wife's rock garden, i'll make it worth my time and pick up 4-5 bags.Thanks for the info:-D

Buy it you'll like it!

I had a little faux pas on my part the last time I used Stubb's in my WSM's. For long cooks I usually fill the ring and add a chimney of briqs. Well for some reason I just filled the rings of both of mine (lack of sleep mod) and loaded 4 butts in each of them and passed out- 6AM rolls around and Hog-Que-Holic is knockin' on the door, ready to help with my son's party and we check on the bullets and one is reading 180* and the other is 200* and the briqs are almost gone! We dump a chimney of Stubb's in them and fire em' off with the torch and are off and runnin'.

If you liked Rancher, you will love the Stubb's!

100_2827.jpg

100_2828.jpg

There is a very good NPR podcast on the Legend of Stubb's BBQ with the likes of Jimmie Dale Gilmore interviewed on the man and legend himself-worth checking out, cause its all a brand now.

I don't want to talk bad about it but it's made by the Cowboy brand which the lump isn't that good. I prefer Royal Oak.

PT's Sweet Heat
Superior Smoker

I was by the Lowes this morning and zipped in to get some, a guy is standing there bagging up some broken bags. gave me two ripped open bags for three bucks per.

I LOVE my WGC briquettes, so its going to take a lot to get me off those, but I do get tired of the Kingsford ash pile in the Performer, I'd be happy to make that change.

By the way, the Stubbs brand name is owned and run by Paul Prudhomme.

I was by the Lowes this morning and zipped in to get some, a guy is standing there bagging up some broken bags. gave me two ripped open bags for three bucks per.

I LOVE my WGC briquettes, so its going to take a lot to get me off those, but I do get tired of the Kingsford ash pile in the Performer, I'd be happy to make that change.

By the way, the Stubbs brand name is owned and run by Paul Prudhomme.

I begged the BGE distributor to order Wicked Good Briqs and even offered to buy a pallet- he said he'd think it over since he has to order by the container load. I quess I should be lucky to even have WG lump here in the PNW!

Good stuff, picked up 4 more bags over the weekend at Lowe's @6.97 per bag.

Back