Change in Attitude

C

caneyscud

I was going to brag about my newest acquisition - a NB made Bandera that is in good condition. I found it on CL, brought it home and had it in the back of my pickup. Well I guess it wasn't that impressive - the thieves that broke into my truck last night and stole all my fly fishing gear, a couple of cameras, some hiking boots and bunches of other stuff, didn't bother to take my new grill. Put me in my place!

That happened to me too.

The half a ton smoker I made myself (below) was built with ONStar so thieves tend to stay away.

If you look close, you can see the satellite port. I was wanting LoJack but then you couldn't step up to the Meat Mamma 3000 Custom built smoker and get directions if you were lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I hate to hear about the jerks that stole your stuff. At least you didn't lose your cooker too. Hope you didn't lose too much stuff, maybe you will get lucky and get some of it back. You can always hope.

My first reaction is that it's probably someone living close to you, the other stuff you can hide and use when no one is looking but the smoker would kind of give it's location away even without OnStar...

sorry to hear about the theft. one thing i read by a thief was to not leave anything in sight. we all tend to get lazy about this but just a heads up.

I just sold my Bandera to a guy who drove off with it in his pickup Friday and I went into a worry when I saw your post......for him, and now you. It real bad when anyone has a loss like this and worse when it is a brother!:mad:

Hope you get your stuff back!

Thieves suck a$$! I often wonder what I would do if I caught them red handed!

A couple of weeks ago, somebody stole the windshield wiper blades off of my truck... nothing else. Not even the arms, just the blades! Guess it could have been worse and I might have woke up to busted glass... How desperate do you have to be to steal wiper blades???

Sorry you got hit too...

Sorry to hear that. About 6 years ago, I was living in the neigborhood I grew up in. It really turned downhill with drugs and punk kids trying to prove something. I was working 80+ hour weeks so I could afford my car payment and rent.

Some a$$ clown broke my windows on my car. So I fix them with insurance. Then 2 weeks later, they break another window (which hadn't been broken) and stole my stereo, work tools, a shat load of cds, my overnight bag for work, some car parts i was storing to put on the following weekend. The next week, while I was still trying to get the insurance to pay for it all, they broke my mirror off.

while I was out looking for a new apartment (taking the day off without pay) I came back to my place to find crowbar marks on my door. The deadbolt held. I moved that night.

My point of all this was my insurance wouldn't pay for the theft of stuff because it wasn't bolted to the car. The third damage, they wouldnt pay and refused to renew me saying it looked suspicious. The auto loan I had required I repair the car or they would demand immediate payoff.

Sometimes when it rains, it's a hurricane. I havn't had a break-in since but I still feel the pain when I hear about it.

Goodluck and hopefully your insurance is better than mine was at the time. I wont tell you who it was but they claimed that I "was in good hands." The only thing I felt thier hands on was mywallet and my shoulders as they stood behind me.

If it's TX, I would hope you would shoot to kill. In PA, I'd be jailed for kicking a thief's ass and he would be aloud to sue. Dead men don't start lawsuits.

Thieves suck a$$! I often wonder what I would do if I caught them red handed!

A couple of weeks ago, somebody stole the windshield wiper blades off of my truck... nothing else. Not even the arms, just the blades! Guess it could have been worse and I might have woke up to busted glass... How desperate do you have to be to steal wiper blades???

Sorry you got hit too...

Lost my pickup truck to thieves just over a year ago. It was insured, but I still feel violated. Just remember the thieves will hit the nice neighborhoods in order to get to the good stuff.

If it's TX, I would hope you would shoot to kill. In PA, I'd be jailed for kicking a thief's ass and he would be aloud to sue. Dead men don't start lawsuits.

It is TX and I am a Life member of the NRA. Everybody in my house shoots... Even my 10 and 12 year old girls. I think I would have taken a baseball bat to them for stealing the wiper blades. Now try to get in my house or attack my wife and kids, all bets are off... for them. They would not be leaving my property alive.

I'm with the other James ... I wouldn't kill over items.

Go after my family ... and you won't leave the property alive. But, I'll keep you alive for as long as I can.

I'm with the other James ... I wouldn't kill over items.

Go after my family ... and you won't leave the property alive. But, I'll keep you alive for as long as I can.

Nope, F'em, sorry but where do you draw the line with coming after your family? Do you ask what their intentions are while they are kicking down your door, or prying a window? "Excuse me felon, are you taking my chit or trying to hurt my family?"

Meet my friend
440-xd9-03.jpg

Now that being said, I would really want to know any thiefs intentions if trying to break in my house or property and you have to meet these two. They are the greatest dogs I have ever had, but with strangers even knocking on the door (pizza guy hates them) they almost go through the door. The very cool thing is, if I bring a complete stranger through the garage with me, they love them, but have them try walking in the front door without me and its another story. They are also the greatest dogs with kids.
Meet Sox and Yaz.
P9022253.jpg

the thieves that broke into my truck last night and stole all my fly fishing gear,
You now have a special smoker
Hmmmmmmm......in the words of Bugs Bunny, "I hope you know, this means war!"

WOW!
Since you are a bruddah (from my hometown no less), PM me if you want to start replacing gear-I am getting rid of a 10 weight Bean Orion and an old 9 wt TFO, if you have any use for big sticks (Stripers at the Gallatin Steam Plant?). I'll give a fair shake.

Back