Twin butts in the TBS

Radio

Knows what a fatty is.
Took the day off from the shop and cooking two bone in butts today. Got up early, started the chimney, then prepped the butts with my homemade rub that has a hint of dried, crushed Rosemary.
Got the ancient, but restored New Braunfels up to temp and put those piggy parts in the tbs

I'll be starting on making the potato salad about noonish. I will give one butt to my neighbor for cutting the steel and rebuilding the FB on my recently acquired NB Bandera. Sure wish I would have got it restored and re seasoned in time for this cook:cry: Hopefully I can make more progress on the restore today

Attachments

• butt1.jpg
    butt1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 98
they sure do look good so far, can't wait to see how they turn out.

Thanks BBBQ. foiled them in apple juice at the stall to finish them. Crappy cell phone pics make 'em look burnt.:mad: They needed to rest a bit, but it was so late when they were done that we dug in when they came out of the smoker.

Took about 12 1/2 hours to cook these big 'ol butts, but they were worth the wait:hungry:

Attachments

• butt2.jpg
    butt2.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 70
  • butt3.jpg
    butt3.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 70
they do look like they turned out great. I love the bark.

Thanks. They tasted great

I had a heckuva time controlling temps as there were several rounds of hard rain throughout the day. I set up a patio umbrella in a stand to cover most of the smoker, but the wind and blowing rain made it a challenging cook. I think this fall I will build a lean to on the side of the workshop for some protection from the elements for both me and the smoker(s):mrgreen:

The Bandera I'm restoring is number 4, plus I have the CC and FB for another that will be a reverse flow project. How many smokers is too many?:mrgreen:

Looks excellent!!

...and you can never have too many smokers. :grin:

Back