First Attempt at Moinkballs

CPMatthew

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Having read about them, I decided it was time to give the Moinkballs a try. Here is what I came up with. I started with some 85/15 ground beef I got on sale. I mixed in some bread crumbs and some BBQ rub (mostly parika, brown sugar and salt). And made some golf ball (ok, maybe a little bigger) sized meatballs.
DSC_0304.jpg

Next, I wrapped each one in bacon and grilled them indirect at 350 for about 2 hours.
DSC_0309.jpg

Then end result got good reviews from my friends. I thought the bacon flavor was maybe too strong (if that's possible). Any thoughts on improving my technique? Thanks
DSC_0310.jpg

Last edited:
I can't see the pix, all I get is this
MGalleryItem.php
:confused: And I know server connection is not the problem. I'd love to see them though!

As the official Sgt. at Arms of the IMBAS, I must penalize you for improper spelling...not to mention posting of your MOINK Balls!

You must now do 100 push ups and send me the next $100,000,000 you inherit from England and/or Africa.

That is all. Go...and repost some more :)

Sorry for the botched pics. I moved them to photobucket to see if that fixes the issue. As for the pushups, just finished and I will forward you the email I got from the Ministry of Finance today and you can deal with them directly.

Ahhh...now that I see your balls, I must say I would really like to taste them because they look so delicious!:hungry:

Nice Balls! (And I mean this in the most manly way)

Now those are looking tasty.

I'm still having issue with that "too strong" bacon flavor comment.:tsk:

Nice work, perhaps a nice fruit based glaze would knock back that pesky bacon flavor.

that looks good. Had no idea what a Moink was but I may have to try this. I enjoy a bit of bacon.... :wink:

Back