Work Sharp Ken Onion on sale for $86

Well, four wasn’t enough. I was prepping ribs for today’s cook and realized I was still using that F. Dick contraption recommenced in one of the well know low and slow video sets. Biggest waste of money I’ve ever spent (at least they got the name right) so I had to order another one for me.Really appreciate the heads up on these.

Like many others, I've been on the fence for a long time. Could not pass up this price.

Never heard of it before. But damn you, I just bought one too.

:laugh: I've never heard of it, but it's on sale, so I have to have it. Haven't used mine yet, but I think you will be happy that you have found it. Reviews are great on it. Just wish I could have saved the $40 too.

:laugh: I've never heard of it, but it's on sale, so I have to have it. Haven't used mine yet, but I think you will be happy that you have found it. Reviews are great on it. Just wish I could have saved the $40 too.
Gotta be one of the cool kids. :becky: But in all seriousness, been looking for something better to sharpen my knives. Got a cheap ass sharpener from Amazon that I use now.

I have one already but for this price got a couple for stocking stuffers.

Thanks for the heads up, great sharpener!

I too was a fence straddler on this trying to decide between this and the KME. Got the sharpener, grinding attachment, and a leather strop for less than the KME. Now, waiting for the right time to tell my wife she does'nt need to get me a Xmas gift.

Don't forget to stock up on band aids and antibiotic cream! Sharp knife cuts really do heal faster. :oops: Went to town on eight knives with the Ken Onion last Thursday and by Friday night my wife had managed to cut herself.

Pulled the trigger myself. Apex Pro has been good to me for several years but I “need” this. Taking Apex to shore house.

Now all I “need” is a pellet grill, meat grinder and a slicer.

Don't forget to stock up on band aids and antibiotic cream! Sharp knife cuts really do heal faster. :oops: Went to town on eight knives with the Ken Onion last Thursday and by Friday night my wife had managed to cut herself.

Great " 'er" point. After being used to a medium or dull edge for many years it just took me a second to gain a whole new respect for a really sharp knife. Kinda like handling a firearm loaded or not. They are always loaded.

How do you store super sharp knifes? Of course sheath if they come with one and butcher block type knife holder but we have many in a eating utensil drawer. Maybe time to cull.

How do you store super sharp knifes? Of course sheath if they come with one and butcher block type knife holder but we have many in a eating utensil drawer. Maybe time to cull.

I keep my knives, I use most often in a knife block.

Just throwing a knife in a drawer, is about the worst thing you can do, for it, after putting it in the dish washer. Having said that, I have a knife drawer, that I store knives that I don't use that often. I ordered one of these, after buying the ken onion. I figure I will give all my knives a good once over, and then have a way to organize them all. Sheaths work, but they can actually dull your knife, as you take them in and out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013AC28Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Had the standard Work Sharp sharpener in my "save for later" area for the last month trying to decide whether I wanted it or the Ken Onion edition. At this price for the Ken Onion edition, I had to pull the trigger.....

Wow! Super glad you guys took advantage. I was on the fence as well, but soon as I stumbled on this deal, I had to jump. Now for the learning curve. There's always a learning curve. Oh well...we can all learn together! :-D

Well, I had seen these a long while back, but for the original price just kept using my stone and steel. I just bought one on Mrs Brisket's Amazon account. She will find out tomorrow morning when she checks her email that she has already taken care of my Christmas gift. Just trying to be helpful. I'm sure she will appreciate the gesture!

Lmao.

On a serious note, got lots of old pocket knives, etc and once I get good enough at using it, might even pay for itself using to sharpen knives for family or friends and co-workers.

Mrs. Brisket thanks you for helping her get some gift shopping done!

Bob

Glad to help. I'm always the one that finds these threads the day after the sale, so I'm glad lots have jumped in. I think we got a great deal.:grin:

Back