BBQ Brethren "Throwdown"...Week 2

I agree, outstanding looking pork there Doc.

Hmmmm...I'll reserve judgement until Rick weighs in...I have a feeling he's up to something spectacular as well...still...that is some awesome pron Doc! Nice job...:biggrin:

Kinda makes my chops look a little sad...:cry::cry::cry: :lol::lol::lol:

How about some stuffed pork loin.

Pork loin from the butcher filled carrots, tiger tomatoes, cucumber, chitake and portobello mushrooms, garlic all quick fried in rosemary olive oil. Smoked and grill over Texas Pecan on the the Weber.
No need for a side of veggies so a heap of mash with bacon gravy did the trick.

uh oh! :biggrin:

i'm headin to the fancy market here in a minute. i hope they have something good!

Rubbed the Pork Loin with Stubbs Chile-Lime. As it was Smoking I made a reduction Glaze of Peach Preserves and Amarito with Special, Rare Mexican Kaskaskian Peppers(Thanks Ashmont!!)
@130* started glazing the loin every thirty minutes till the Loin reached 140* internal. Foiled and rested for 1 Hour.
Sliced into the Loin and tasted....It's like Sweet Hickory Smoked Heaven that melts onto your tastebuds....with a nice bite at the end...

Man after reading your description it adds another aspect to the voting for me. Just reading this makes it seem as inticing as the pics! "Sweet Hickory Smoked Heaven" ... good stuff right there!:eusa_clap

Doc, after seeing your post..... Rick has a problem this week! Wow.........

Note Quite Done....Sauceing to come

IMG_0513.jpg

Doc, after seeing your post..... Rick has a problem this week! Wow.........
Man look here, I'm already sweating my a3z off and shaking like a wet dog thinking of how he's gonna come stormin through the door with his game face on so PLEASE don't fire him up!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: HHaaaaaahahahah!

Thanks guys I just hope he needs a nap or something.

My entry for week 2 is PORK LOIN....

Marinated Pork Loin over night after an injection and rub with marinate.

Picture034.jpg

Finished product. Cut into slices for people who want a slice or three.

Picture048.jpg

I also cut into julian cube strips for Pork Loin Sammies...

Picture053.jpg

Pork Loin Sammie, side salad, and Blairs After Death Hot Sauce... for that eXtra kick

Man look here, I'm already sweating my a3z off and shaking like a wet dog thinking of how he's gonna come stormin through the door with his game face on so PLEASE don't fire him up!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: HHaaaaaahahahah!

Thanks guys I just hope he needs a nap or something.

the pork is on the egg :shock:
:eusa_clap

time to fiddle with the sauce

Well it's my bedtime so I'll have ta check back in the morning. :cool:

*I gotta tell ya it's nice having to even stand close to this guy when it comes to the pron*

Bring the pain Rick, bring the pain!. lol

This is my Pork entry for Throwdown week II, cooked on my FEC 750.
I decided to keep it traditional so I cooked up two butts today. Rubbed them down with my "River City Smokehouse" RUB, then I put them on at 5:30 am @ 185*F for 3.5 hrs. then raised the temperature to 250*F til they were finished, which was about 3:15pm. Wrapped and rested before pulling. Added a little RCS BBQ sauce and a sprinkle of rub. I brushed some Ciabatta bread with Porchini Mushroom infused extra virgin olive oil and grilled it until crispy. Enjoy!

Butts0042aw1.jpg

Butts0042bw1.jpg

butts1005aw1.jpg

Back