Stoker Fan shorting out

DC-Q

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Got up at 4am to put a 20lb chuckie on the UDS. Stoker log couldn't connect to the stoker. After 20 minutes of messing with it I figured out
that the fan plug is shorting out. Luckily the UDS will cruise along just fine without the fan & stoker log connects without the fan plugged in,
so it can send my texts. But, it's very frustrating, has anyone else had a problem like this? :confused:

So is it the connector itself? I've noticed those wires right next to the fan being pretty thin - so I've tried to be careful with those. Have you contacted Rock's to see what they have to say?

https://www.rocksbarbque.com/ContactUs.html

Hope this helps you get it figured out. I love my Stoker setup.

exact same thing happened to mine.

Take the cover off. The rear connector is soldered to the circuit board with 2 small prongs. Check to see if(like mine) one of the solders came loose and the plug is no longer making contact in the circuit board.

a quick fix with a soldering gun fixed it. If you need a new jack, radio shack has the item for a few cents.

also, if u ever need a new power supply for it. Google the part number. I got a new one for 6 bucks at a supply house. VERY SIGNIFICANTLY less than other more likely sources.:wink: I will see if i can find a link.

Back