Smoked and Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf (pics for the Kettle throwdown!)

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I completely redid my recipe for turkey meatloaf, and it turned out mighty good. I made 2 loaves, one straight meatloaf and one stuffed with ham and swiss cheese. Here's the cook.
The loaves, the one on the right is stuffed:
SmokedTurkeyMeatloaf001_zps8a30feba.jpg

A little closer up:
SmokedTurkeyMeatloaf002_zpsfe7769ca.jpg

SmokedTurkeyMeatloaf003_zps49b53ca3.jpg

On to the Kettle! I used apple wood for smoke and the kettle ran ~ 250 to 300 through the cook. I always start my meatloaf on the foil for the first 45 minutes to an hour to firm up, then I roll it off directly on the grill:
SmokedTurkeyMeatloaf005_zps93622bcb.jpg

And of course, the cook needed a little thirst quencher while intently taking care of the cooking duties:-D.
SmokedTurkeyMeatloaf007_zps549cd563.jpg

Mixed up the glaze for the meatloaf, right about 1/3 of each, maybe slighly less of the mustard:
SmokedTurkeyMeatloaf008_zps1f780610.jpg

Just before flipping, right at about 1 hour:
SmokedTurkeyMeatloaf010_zpsfa97d6b9.jpg

Flipped, waited about 20 minutes and then glazed:
SmokedTurkeyMeatloaf011_zpsadaf3018.jpg

SmokedTurkeyMeatloaf014_zps9643b3a3.jpg

And all that flippin' and glazin made me thirsty, soooo.......
SmokedTurkeyMeatloaf013_zpsca21643c.jpg

And at about an hour later, I had this (cooked to an IT of 160):
SmokedTurkeyMeatloaf017_zps5ec3718c.jpg

A couple shots of the stuffed one:
SmokedTurkeyMeatloaf020_zpsf7165e91.jpg

SmokedTurkeyMeatloaf021_zpsbfcaaba9.jpg

SmokedTurkeyMeatloaf025_zps72fc0ba3.jpg

Side salad:
SmokedTurkeyMeatloaf029_zpsfa095264.jpg

And a couple plate shots with garlic whipped taters, and vegies:
SmokedTurkeyMeatloaf030_zps30e1c1f9.jpg

SmokedTurkeyMeatloaf032_zps2ab26ae4.jpg

It all came out quite tasty, and a hit with the family, so all good!

Thanks for looking:wink:.

KC

They look good. Turkey is very lean and usually pretty flavorless. What did you add to the loafs?

Fine looking loaf! :thumb: What's on top of the salad?
The salad had lots of goodies in it, but topped with pickled beets, black olives and Newman's Own Honey Mustard dressing.

Looks SO good KC! Very nice!!

High praise coming from you two, thanks so much Jeanie and Phu!
They look good. Turkey is very lean and usually pretty flavorless. What did you add to the loafs?
For seasonings I had S&P of course, and also Worcestershire, ketchup, chicken broth, chopped fresh Thyme, chopped fresh Parsley, chopped fresh Sage, oh and of course chopped garlic. Other "stuff" included mushrooms, onions, celery, green pepper, oats, eggs and milk.

KC

OK. Brilliant. Beautiful loaves you got there! The whole plate just came together flavor wise too, I bet. I wanna dip my broccoli in your taters...

What a lovely looking dinner! I wasn't sure about what was on the salad, either, I was wondering if it was a fancy cut of radicchio somehow. I bet the beets were good that way. Meatloaf looks great, I put oatmeal in mine, too. Stuffed, though, now that's really nice. Great meal, brother! :thumb:

Back