Who is crazy enough to post Salad Pron?

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Aww shuup.

I wanted a salad I had eaten in Asia, Indonesian origin, but I wanted it with some Thai bal...er...power.
I grilled some peanuts and crushed them in the M&p

hen, I fried garlic, Thai red curry paste that I made but is available in shops(Don't buy an Indian one Mungo Mod)
added a little coconut cream and the nuts and chilies, soy and palm sugar and cooked it out.

Let it cool and poured it into a jar

Exmouth Jumbo King Prawns got cooked in boiling water and then chilled.
Dipped bean shoots into the jot water for 5 seconds and washed in running cold water.
Sliced fresh pineapple, sliced tomatoes, spanish (red) onion thinly, same with fennel bulb, and cubed a firm block of 5 star fried tofu cake.
Sliced some green beans and shelled the Jumbo Prawns and plated up.

Lastly, you spoon the sticky rich spicy dressing with crunchy peanuts over it and let it mellow with the juices as you eat down.
I added pickled cucumbers and fennel and ginger as an option for some tartness to balance the fresh pineapple.
Best salad ever!
Pretty certain my Indonesian friends AND my Thai mates are going to go nuts (sorry) over this too.

:yo:

Probably should have thought about the book I'm reading being under the food article:doh:

You lost me at salad.

:-D

the salad looks great, Bucc! I would gladly eat that!

I heard a rumor that some farker entered a salad in a brethren throwdown. I don't recall who it was, or how it turned out.

CD

Worst post ever lol. sorry I cant do salad, If I could it then it looks great.

Tuna salad sandwiches, chicken salad sandwiches, pretzel salad (jello based)... see I love salads.:p

Dang that looks good!!! I have posted salad pron before and have seen others and they are all usually well received here.

25509c3532393c6e7c6257df91c47dff.jpg

"All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'. I'm trying to impress people here, Lisa. You don't win friends with salad.

- Homer Simpson

My quick comments, as the are very valuable...
1. I believe you may be crazy enough.
2. It looks great and if you have the cashews to post about a salad, more power to you. :)

My quick comments, as the are very valuable...
1. I believe you may be crazy enough.
2. It looks great and if you have the cashews to post about a salad, more power to you. :)

:pound:

Like said above, that's a lot of work for a salad, but hey, if you're gonna make a salad, make it a great one, huh?

See, that's why I don't eat salad. No sooner do you get the dressing in a jar and it's already almost 5 years past its due date. :wink:

Back