Gettin' Her Loaded

speers90

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
A neighbor asked me to cook some pulled pork for his sons confirmation lunch party tomorrow, enough to feed 50 people, I said no problem and asked around to see if anyone else needed anything which is how I ended up cooking 8 pork butts and 1 brisket.

Everything was hit with a little seasoning salt, black pepper, granulated garlic and kosher salt.

Here is a shot of the MJH just after the meat went on.
picture.php

4 butts per rack if carefully placed.
picture.php

Poor lonely brisket!
picture.php

Just going to make sure the MJH settles in at the 275 cruising temp before I hit the sack for some shut eye!

Just finished wrapping everything in butcher paper, I will start probing for tenderness at 630. I expect a couple of the butts and possibly the brisket to be done at that time as they were feeling pretty close while wrapping.

Massive. Great prons.

Liking butcher paper with butts? I've become a paper brisket fan. I think you could eat the paper when it gets soaked and crispy

Massive. Great prons.

Liking butcher paper with butts? I've become a paper brisket fan. I think you could eat the paper when it gets soaked and crispy

Yeah, I really do like using butcher paper with butts and briskets.

All Wrapped Up
picture.php

Three butts done, taking the edge off before heading into the cambro.
picture.php

Really nice! Did you have a BBQ guru or something controlling the temps while you slept?

Really nice! Did you have a BBQ guru or something controlling the temps while you slept?

Yeah, I have a Guru, but I still didn't get much sleep because it was my first overnight cook with this new setup so I worried more than I needed to.

Nothing prettier than a full smoker. I've never tried wrapping in butcher paper. Did you find it locally or did you have to order it online?

Nothing prettier than a full smoker. I've never tried wrapping in butcher paper. Did you find it locally or did you have to order it online?

Picked it up at Restaurant Depot. I bought the 30" wide roll x 900 or 1000 feet. I like the 30" wide so I never have to combine to pieces to wrap a brisket.

Back