Cowboy Grillers

CrackerJack from KC

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Had Cowboy Grillers this weekend from a grocery store. (premade in meat isle) Never had it before, but it sounded like something that bretheren would have made before.

It's basically a chicken breast pounded down flat stuffed with cheese (jack I think) and chopped jalepenos, folded over and then wrapped in bacon. Its not a moink ball, but they might be cousins, anyway it was DELICIOUS. Can't wait to have my next one.

Is this something everyone knows about that I didn't know about.

I used to buy them at Hy-Vee in Lawrence. I couldn't ever figure out how to cook them without losing all the cheese.

Harter House here in Springfield sells really good ones. Stuffed with Pepper Jack Cheese and banana pepper rings. Price Cutter also sells but haven't tried theirs. The best way I have found to cook them is to cook indirect about 375 for about 45 minutes. On the gasser I just turn off the back burner and leave the other 2 on.

If you make 'em yourself, should be able to keep the chesse in if you crimp with a toothpick before doing the bacon wrap. Sounds like a pretty tasty way to do a breast fillet.

Cheers!

Bill

For the midwest locals, we got them at HyVee, and the guy that introduced them to me has been getting them there for years. I'll buy one and take it apart the next time I get one and figure out the recipe.

Back