Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smoketoberfest - Oct. 14th-15th - Greencastle PA

mclancey

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Smokerhead will be there.

Looks like they lost a few teams to the Sam's Club Event the same weekend, so there are still spots available if any teams want to get in.

http://www.smoketoberfestbbq.com/

Last edited:
Trying to forcast the weather 10 days in advance is silly but, the forecast right now for friday shows a high of 63 and a low of 55 for friday.

Live And Let Smoke is in and looking forward to our last comp of the year.

Eric didn't lose US.........:violin:

Even though we did want to move on in the other series, we are super happy to be going to Chambersburg. This will our third trip out there in the past twleve months, and there is not a better guy in the business than Eric. And hey it will be a great dress rehearsal for the next weekend!

Baby got Butt is looking forward to our second competition. We did our first in Deale Md at Smokin on the Bay. Finished 18th overall out of 40 and 5th in chicken so we were excited given it was our first. This was competition was recommended to us. Looking forward to meeting a lot of great people!!!!

PowerpigBBQ will be there. This is our first comp and I'm really nervous. The wife is really sick of chicken thighs as I've been practicing daily for the past couple of weeks. Did a pulled pork test run last night and I must say it did come out well with my new injection marinade. Testing some ribs as I type this.

That said, I'm looking to rent a trailer to haul my grills up there. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

In any event, here's looking forward to meeting new Q friends!

Eric didn't lose US.........:violin:

Even though we did want to move on in the other series, we are super happy to be going to Chambersburg. This will our third trip out there in the past twleve months, and there is not a better guy in the business than Eric. And hey it will be a great dress rehearsal for the next weekend!

your turn to bring the moss tea!!

PowerpigBBQ will be there. This is our first comp and I'm really nervous. The wife is really sick of chicken thighs as I've been practicing daily for the past couple of weeks. Did a pulled pork test run last night and I must say it did come out well with my new injection marinade. Testing some ribs as I type this.

That said, I'm looking to rent a trailer to haul my grills up there. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Nothing to be nervous about! The worst thing that can happen is you don't come home with some bling, but that is fine. Get in there, do your best and you'll have fun. Talk to some other competitors and get to know them a little. The vast majority of folks are more than happy to share some knowledge with you. Except for Sal; he jealously guards the moss tea injection marinade recipe used on his 1st place pork from last year's Smoketoberfest.

As for trailers, what kind of grills do you have? If they're not too large, many people rent the U-Haul 6' trailers. I have done that before we got our travel trailer and it worked fine.

We'll be in spot #13 (DegĂĽello BBQ). Stop by and share a red cup with us.

Kit

Nothing to be nervous about! The worst thing that can happen is you don't come home with some bling, but that is fine. Get in there, do your best and you'll have fun. Talk to some other competitors and get to know them a little. The vast majority of folks are more than happy to share some knowledge with you. Except for Sal; he jealously guards the moss tea injection marinade recipe used on his 1st place pork from last year's Smoketoberfest.

Kit

its made from PEOPLE!!!!

if you find yourself in need of anything Eric from Mason Dixon BBQ supply will have a bunch of stuff there..if not Ill help you steal it from Kit!!!

if you find yourself in need of anything Eric from Mason Dixon BBQ supply will have a bunch of stuff there..if not Ill help you steal it from Kit!!!

Sal I guess now would be the time to tell you about my new perimeter detection/defense system. Features include IR cameras for detection and remote firing tasers for defense. I suggest using Dishwater as a human shield.

Sal I guess now would be the time to tell you about my new perimeter detection/defense system. Features include IR cameras for detection and remote firing tasers for defense. I suggest using Dishwater as a human shield.

Im ok with that..should we get video for utube?

Im ok with that..should we get video for utube?

Oh yeah we should! It'll be just like the Gnome Dance at New Holland but better becuase he'll really be jerking around!

BTW no Sharon at Chambersburg next week. I'm bringing Don Chomas from Annpolis again instead. Don's really interested in getting into the comp world after organizing Naptown, so I'm happy to have him along. Plus he has lots of moss tea and red cups!

Back