6# chuckie and fattie pron

FatDaddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Here is the chuckie and fattie i tossed on the drum last night after i wasnt able to get this 300+ temps out of my drum for my chickens. I put it on at about 5pm and pulled it a little after 11pm. ran the drum between 230-240 +/- trying to get that thing figured out. used hickory kingsford and a few chunks of hickory. it turned out great. pulled easily and was really moist.
100_1666.jpg

100_1668.jpg

100_1669.jpg

100_1671.jpg

That's some fine looking eats - wish I had some of that fatty for breakfast!

no injection, i was really suprised as to how well it turned out. after reading the horror stories on here on how they come out real dry and not pullable. i just rubbed this one down bout half an hour before it hit the cooker with gordons grub rub, has lots of brown sugar n it. that tossed it on. i wrapped it at 170, didnt add any liquid to it either. pulled it at 205 then let it sit in a small cooler with some towels for about an hour then used my bear claws and fingers to shred it. it had a really great flavor to it. i plan to cook many more..

yeah baby..now THAT'S what we're talking about! wish my chuckies could come out like that!

hope these pictures redeem my horrible looking chickens from last nights post. i look back at those pics and that rub didnt make em look to swift.

I gotta do a Chuck roast! I love pot roast and its killin' me.
I was looking at a Shoulder Clod at Costco 15lbs of red meat!

Think im gonna have the mrs. pick up the goods to make pico de gallo tonight and we will just make soft tacos out of this one..

Very good lookin stuff ya got there, Im looking to do another one soon. them tacos mentioned sounds good.

Looks good! Lunch is calling me now. I have leftover chuck and fatty in the freezer. Time to go grab some.

Nice going, I think I'm doing one this weekend! 6 hrs for a chuckie? Thats very good time...whats the secret? LOL! Last time it to about...forever to do!

Think im gonna have the mrs. pick up the goods to make pico de gallo tonight and we will just make soft tacos out of this one..

Did the same thing last week - don't know if I can use any other kind of meat for tacos now..... spoiled I tell you!

Back