Steak and Tubesteak

Texas Hogger

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Terry
There are 2 throwdowns in progress. The "Tubesteak and Sausagefest!" throwdown https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298805 ends Thursday 06/30.
The "Steak Cookoff" throwdown https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299076 ends Tuesday 07/05.
I decided to enter both and do them simultaneously with one cook.

I started with a bunch of sausage and some NY strips.
I generously dusted the steaks with Hardcore Carnivore Black. I fired up the drum using lump charcoal with chunks of mesquite and pecan mixed in.
I had to smoke everything in 2 shifts because it wouldn't all fit at the same time.
While I waited for the drum to come up to temp, I started another chimney with Professional Grade Kingsford.

The first shift was the steak and andouille. When the steaks hit 100 internal temp, I threw them on the Weber to sear while I flipped them every 30 seconds or so till they were done. (don't judge)
At this point I felt like a one legged man in an arse kicking contest, so no picks of anything on the Weber, sorry.

After the rest, I threw a steak on a plate and dove in. Most excellent flavor.
I smeared some homemade mustard on a bun and slapped on a sausage with some pepper jack and some habenero jack. I added some sharp cheddar, pickles, onions and green chile.

I did manage to get a few pics along the way, so here they are:

Attachments

• steak4.jpg
    steak4.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 166
  • steak3.jpg
    steak3.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 166
  • temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 167
  • steak5.jpg