Academy Sports Score

cameraman

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Originally $100 reduced for clearance to $25. I was inspired by the pink slime thread.

007-1.JPG

You'll never get the proper slime texture with that thing. :p Nice score even it it won't do what inspired you

Nice, I'll be down the street tomorrow looking for one of those.

You'll never get the proper slime texture with that thing. :p Nice score even it it won't do what inspired you

Maybe I can return it. :-D

Can someone point me to a thread on mea grinding and sausage making. I'm particularly interested in learning where to get casings and some tips for proper filling.

One last question.The site with the casings show a a sausage stuffer being used after the meat is ground and seasoned. The grinder came with an attachment that seems to grind seasoned meat right into the casing. Will that work, or do I need a stuffer?

One last question.The site with the casings show a a sausage stuffer being used after the meat is ground and seasoned. The grinder came with an attachment that seems to grind seasoned meat right into the casing. Will that work, or do I need a stuffer?
Do NOT use the grinder to stuff the sausage. You will hate it, it will take forever and may even discourage you to ever try it again. That's how I felt the first time I made sausage and used the grinder to stuff. It took a WHOLE day to stuff the casings and at the end I was sick of it and never wanted to do it again.
I took a chance and bought a stuffer to see if that would make the process easier.............BOY did it make it easier and cuts down the time drastically. Spend a little extra and get a dedicated stuffer. You will not regret it. That one looks exactly like my Waring Pro grinder. Decent little grinders. Just feed em slow and steady. A trick for storing the grinding plates is to coat em with a thin coat of oil and then store em in a ziplock with some rice. The rice helps keep moisture away/absorb it so the plates don't rust on ya.

Enjoy the new toy.

Bob

So the sausage stuffer is going to cost me more than the grinder. Oh the humanity!

So the sausage stuffer is going to cost me more than the grinder. Oh the humanity!

You can make one out of PVC pipe I have seen a video on youtube of a guy using one but it doesnt show how he made it. He was using pvc pipe and water from the sink for pressure it filled the casing in no time. I am still trying to figure out how he made it

Here's a pdf for you from Stuffer's, has a bunch of recipes :-D

Attachments

• Stuffers.pdf
    385.7 KB · Views: 14
Back