Step by step ABT pictorial

I'm planning on making some this weekend... and, as I always seem to do anymore, I'll be taking pictures... If not one else ponies up.

I will be waiting with antisapation. lol

I think I spelled it right. If not boy do I feel dumb

Anticipation, isn't that a ketchup commercial???

(Spelled correctly) Boy I feel smart!! LOL

Just noticed the Nebraska, now I undertstand.

Pics Please!!!!

Would love to see some pics, I made some today from memory and kind of messed them up a bit, but they were still good. Any pics would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

I'm trying to decide what I'm going to stuff with... I'm doing either cherry or fresno peppers, and japs. I'm going to stuff the first ones with asiago and proscuitto and fresh basil, I think, and I'm thinking monterey jack and pepper bacon for the the japs, though I'm also considering adobo sauce and chihuahua in the japs, with some chorizo.

Ours never last long enough to take pictures!! We just made some for our guests last weekend in Laurie, MO and they went VERY fast!

kickassbbq said:
http://www.kickassbbq.com/horsdoeurvre.html
Sorry I don't have pics of the finished ABT. I ate tehm sum guns too fast to get a pic.
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!!!!!!
ed
Somehow that doesn't seem right. I would think your filling is just going to run out the end. I thought it was more of a slit, then stuffed and held together with the bacon wrap.

One of my few unitaskers is a chile corer that helps take out all the seeds and veins... But I put mine in a chile grill to smoke them.

Roll%2020%20-%204_jpg.jpg

Roll%2020%20-%206_jpg.jpg

Roll%2020%20-%2010_jpg.jpg

I wrap the bacon around the end so they won't leak out

bbqjoe said:
Somehow that doesn't seem right. I would think your filling is just going to run out the end. I thought it was more of a slit, then stuffed and held together with the bacon wrap.

Joe,
A lot of the guys just cut the stem end off and core them.
Works fine.
My "folks" will not eat any heat, so I am one that cuts off the stem end and then slices one side. I can then get every trace of the membrane (heat) out and everyone is happy :lol:

Filling does bubble out some, no problem.
Or wrap longwize as suggested.

Pretty "free style" based on what you want to do.

TIM

Doorbusters said:
Anticipation, isn't that a ketchup commercial???

(Spelled correctly) Boy I feel smart!! LOL

Just noticed the Nebraska, now I undertstand.

HEY NOW BE NICE, WE JUST MINT LET YOU BEAT US IN FOOTBALL AGIAN.LOL

There is a page on "Another Smoking Forum" that has pics on making ABT's. Im not sure of the rules about posting these type of links here......Ruling on that anyone?

Thank You!!1

Thanks for the pics, I was kind of confused as to whether I was supposed to cut both ends off the pepper or not. I made them about the same way you did a couple of days ago.

Chris

Curt, I just gained 3 pounds and my blood sugar level went up about 20 points looking at the personal chef side of your website. Man that looks good.

Thanks, Kevin... If only you lived in SW Ohio and were a paying customer! :)

Back