Midwest Bash 2013

Well that certainly tells me alot! :mmph: :biggrin1:

Do ya'll have the pavillion reserved for this Bash?

Is the Pavillion close to where to a person could drive up to unload?

Are the cabins close to the pavillion?

I'd be happy to call/accept a call from someone that is going to this.

PM me plz
Even if we don't get the pavilion for free, we'll have it. No worries! It's in the middle of a field so backing up to it is the way we do it. Cabins are scattered. Some are close, some are a little farther away, but you can crawl from the pavilion to any of them. And I'd appreciate it if you didn't ask me how I know that! :laugh:
What we do is eat, drink, and be merry. It's a great way to meet other Brethren you might not otherwise get to. There will be more food than you can shake a stick at, plus Scotch, other lesser things, and cigars!

Cabins are scattered. Some are close, some are a little farther away, but you can crawl from the pavilion to any of them. And I'd appreciate it if you didn't ask me how I know that! :laugh:

Refer to post 79 again. :thumb:

Well that certainly tells me alot! :mmph: :biggrin1:

Do ya'll have the pavillion reserved for this Bash?

Is the Pavillion close to where to a person could drive up to unload?

Are the cabins close to the pavillion?

I'd be happy to call/accept a call from someone that is going to this.

PM me plz

If you come you are REQUIRED to DRAG Bruce Wehling with you. :laugh:

Don't forget the SPAM contest! It's the only reason I come to these things anymore :becky: !

Don't forget the SPAM contest! It's the only reason I come to these things anymore :becky: !

Right. :tsk: Hey farkers, we need to compare notes and see what SMS each of us is bringing. Please head over to the tasting thread and post your contribution.

Dave, if you want to cancel the hand wash station to save some cash I will have my portable sink out there with hot and cold water for everyone to use. Just thought I would throw that out there.
Thanks, Shane!

Totally curious as to what "usually" goes on at a Brethren Bash.
Certainly close enough . . . 2 hr drive.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
It's really not that bad - people bring their kids and dogs out - it's at a campground.

http://issuu.com/online_guest_guides/docs/yogi_lawrence?e=3066431/4066817

You can zoom in on a map of the campground. The top of the map is WEST, by the way.

It's a lot of fun - I like to think of it as a cooking jam session among people who love to cook outdoors.
A lot of story sharing and firewood burning (usually) goes on.
And a lot of excellent food happens too!
It's a very friendly crowd - all very nice people.
Heck, they're all connected to this site in some way, so . . .

It's really not that bad - people bring their kids and dogs out - it's at a campground.

http://issuu.com/online_guest_guides/docs/yogi_lawrence?e=3066431/4066817

You can zoom in on a map of the campground. The top of the map is WEST, by the way.

It's a lot of fun - I like to think of it as a cooking jam session among people who love to cook outdoors.
A lot of story sharing and firewood burning (usually) goes on.
And a lot of excellent food happens too!
It's a very friendly crowd - all very nice people.
Heck, they're all connected to this site in some way, so . . .

Agree. Most family friendly Bash I know of, unless its late, very late, and Wayne shows up on a golf cart. Then all bets are off. :heh:

Right. :tsk: Hey farkers, we need to compare notes and see what SMS each of us is bringing. Please head over to the tasting thread and post your contribution.

Ok, I am confused (not the 1st time)

SMS = ???
tasting thread = ????

OK - We have begun to narrow down the stuff we want to cook and crap we will be bringing, starting with Ham 'n Bean soup w/cornbread Friday night. For Saturday, I have some homemade sausage I'll contribute to breakfast (B&G Andy...?), Woody Jr. will be treating us to some Kimchi stew and a few other Korean "delicacies" and Alan will be smoking some beef ribs for dinner.

We plan on bringing our new gravity feed smoker and possibly a grill, fire pit, firewood, propane heater(s), the sides to our canopy (for wrapping the pavilion) and the usual cigar/scotch/beer supplies.

Anyone wanting to order some :mad2: pickles :mad2: from Porubky's ahead of time, let me know - Alan will be making a run to Topeka for a fresh batch on Saturday, so pack your containers.

I'll have my flat top grill. Wanna make some real corned beef hash but never done it. Anybody got any suggestions and/or wanna help? Also want to do cheese steak sammies. Same deal.

I'll help make the hash. I would suggest microwaving the potatoes for 5 - 7 minutes and cooling them. Then we can cut them up for the hash.

Woody, will you bring your turkey fryer base/propane for me to use again??

I'm bringing Zuppa Toscana soup and a gin bucket for Friday night, a grits casserole for Saturday breakfast, 5lbs of chicken wings for Saturdays wok fry party and some other stuff for Saturday dinner. Any requests??

I'm in for a B&G cook, so we'll hook it up! Who needs biscuits when you have grits though. lol

I will drag the que kitchen, so we'll have it handy as well. I plan on making some carnitas, and maybe a couple of other things. Might grab some skirt steak or something. I'll have stuff for Bloody Mary's as well... Can't wait!

Back