Apple CIDER or Apple JUICE?

dapittboss

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
John
I have always sprayed with apple juice when doing ribs or butts or what not. My question is do you use juice or cider? What is the difference?

Biggest difference I can tell is that AJ is much cheaper! Other than that I can't tell any difference at all.

I would think the cider would give you a vinegar taste, I like sweet stuff, I like mixing a 6oz can of Dole pineapple juice and then fill the can with apple juice and pour into my sprayer, this give a little more flavor.

I've always wanted to try something besides apple juice. I see a lot of people talk about Dr. pepper or other things. I just don't want to ruin a bunch of meat by spraying something foul on it.

chargriller said:
I would think the cider would give you a vinegar taste, I like sweet stuff, I like mixing a 6oz can of Dole pineapple juice and then fill the can with apple juice and pour into my sprayer, this give a little more flavor.

I use cherry juice from my kids juicebox thingy. Its clear, and its good.

CapriSun or something like that.

Here's a pic

I have used both but can not tell the difference in the taste it the bbq. I believe the the only difference between the two is that the juice has been pasteurized for a longer shelf life.

i use apple juice only cause the only time I see cider is around thanksgiving

i used apple mixed with cherry juice. You can cut the apple juice with cider vinegar and jack daniels(or cheap bourbon) too. Did that for a long time.

I use apple cider. Only get a vinegar taste if you use cider vinegar. I also like to use cranberry juice.

Apple and cherry juice here also. sometimes cherry coke or cherry dr pepper, or regular verions with cherry juice mixed in.

Back