Roasting bags?

E

Ernie3

I wish I could do the Turkey for Thanksgiving on my chargriller but the forecast is for rain. If we were'nt having company the rain would not even be an issue. Anyway has anyone had any good or bad experiences with the reynolds oven roasting bags??? Just wondering if they are any good because they cut the cooking time way down for a turkey.

Tommorow is another story though, no rain and high in the mid 50's:lol:

Cook it tomorrow and reheat in the oven on T-Day. Just a thought.

I wish I could do the Turkey for Thanksgiving on my chargriller but the forecast is for rain. If we were'nt having company the rain would not even be an issue. Anyway has anyone had any good or bad experiences with the reynolds oven roasting bags??? Just wondering if they are any good because they cut the cooking time way down for a turkey.

Tommorow is another story though, no rain and high in the mid 50's:lol:

We have always used the oven roasting bags and they work great. No problems. No worrying about remembering to baste.

Seems to work good for us.

We have always used the oven roasting bags and they work great. No problems. No worrying about remembering to baste.

Seems to work good for us.

I agree, throw the veggies inside the bag as well. When bird is done, drain juices and thats how we got our.....ozzins for our gravy base.

Love them things, just dont forget to flour the inside of the bag...like the directions say on the box. Did forget once...........big mess. Amazing what a tablespoon of flour can do to make things much easier.

yup, them bags work great. Towards the end, i take it out of the bag to help things get a little crispier.

Also, a couple times I had a bird let out LOTS of juice and started to swim a little. I drain the bag if that happens and save for gravy.

dont expect to get any smoke on it though.

Thanks Guys, sounds like it will be good. Pooh Bah I was thinking of doing exactly as you said about taking the bird out of the bag alittle early to crisp it up a bit. I figured it might need that. Well, Happy Thanksgiving Brothers!!!!!

i hate to admit it, but we've used the cooking bags quite often. try it, you will be surprised at the results. lets us know how it turns out. Enjoy the meal and the day.:-D:cool:

Back