Big ugly Drum Smoker.

Got drum deheader today, works slick.
IMG_2437.jpg

P-38 mod...!

Just so you Drummers know...

This thread is #1 in the Yahoo Search Engine for "Ugly Drum Smoker"

Google results varied greatly, but the Yahoo site locked right onto this thread first, consistently.

Good job!

Here is an update on BUDS
I put 3 grills in the 85. First at 1 1/2" from top lip, second 6 1/2" below that, third 5 1/2" below that. Last one is just above top bulge. I probably could have spaced differently and got 4 but didn't feel the need. I have a gauge below bottom grate and plan on one in lid. I put 4 nipples for air (3 caps, one ball valve) I added one more @ 12" up so I could remove cap and knock fire ring to let ash settle. Put handles that came with bbq grill on drum can. I mounted them with one above gauge and it acts like a rub rail to protect the gauge. When time to clean I will remove clamp ring and 2- 1/4" bolts where shelf attaches and lift can off with handles to powerwash. I am going to have 2 hooks and a support at opposite side of drum to set racks on when dealing with meat on lower rack.
IMG_2473.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

Big ugly Drum Smoker

Has anyone rigged up a rotessiery for drum smokers ? If so how?
My wife thinks I am nuts.

Thanks,
lizzydog

Big ugly drum smoker

Que could you give me some ideas. did you cut a slot for it to turn in. Photo if possible.

Thanks,
lizzydog

Since most UDS builders seem to not want to bend down to adjust their air intake and the fact my waistline is growing I came up with this.
Valve-1.jpg

valve2.jpg

Back