BBQ popcorn

Militant83

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I just came across this in one of my various BBQ books. Its a simple snack when you have a craving for some bbq flavor. I tried now I'm hooked. So I figured id share with the brethren who have not tried this tasty little treat.

So here it goes its very complicated...lol

Pop your favorite bag of popcorn then mix with your favorite BBQ rub.
So simple yet so good

Plowboy's Jerk here, but we went a step farther. Rookie Dave makes smoked butter. Melt that in your popcorn and add rub. mmmmmmmm

Simply Marvelous Cherry sprinkled on after popping in bacon fat.

Butter just gets in the way!

I've had this idea for a while to use brisket renderings in place of the oil used to pop the corn in.

I just haven't acted on it yet.

Also thought of using the butter left in the pan from doing competition chicken thighs.

I've had this idea for a while to use brisket renderings in place of the oil used to pop the corn in.

I just haven't acted on it yet.

DUH act!!!!! You just gave me the idear..... It is gonna so happen..... Pron to follow hen I get my next brisky....

Simply Marvelous Cherry sprinkled on after popping in bacon fat.

Butter just gets in the way!

I like the sound of that! :thumb: I use bacon drippings, bet the Cherry rub would be killer.
I've been using Rooster Booster on mine.. it's my favorite so far. :-D

Hmmmmmm!! :confused: Never used bacon fat, BUT I will shortly. I have used numerous rubs in the popped corn.....
Even the worst one was OUTSTANDING!!!:thumb:

DUH act!!!!! You just gave me the idear..... It is gonna so happen..... Pron to follow hen I get my next brisky....

Only reason it hasn't happened yet is because I never seem to have enough drippings left. It all gets used on the Brisket!

That's why I am gonna save all the leftover competition chicken butter next time!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Smoked butter & Yardbird keeps the g-kids happy around my house.

Katie won't eat popcorn any other way!! Our favorite is a Paul Kirk rub we find locally. Good stuff!!

Back