4 Iowa Smokey D's
5 T A Que
6 Dry 2 da Bone
7 Big Tz Q Crue
8 Holy and Oly's BBQ
9 Andy's BBQ
10 Smokey D's Wannabes

Ok...hopefully I got everyone!
Awesome weather and a great group of cooks to be around!!
Congrats everyone!

Hey - thanks to Boondoggle for the parsley and Rod for letting us hook up to the generator! Beer's on me next year (Grainbelt Premium or cheaper!) BTW, Bob - where's the "slam dunk" pic????? :)

Looks like another great showing by brethren....it appears that the Smokehouse 72 gang really has the pork drill down:eusa_clap

congrats to everyone

Hey, congrats to everyone who got calls. Hope to see most of you at the Royal.

Great weekend. Great weather, great contest and great friends. Other that great BBQ, what more can you ask for?
Nice calls brothers and see ya at the Royal.

what more can you ask for?

To:
not have the trailer fall off the leveling jacks
not to hit a tree with the trailer
not to rip the electrical cord out of the breaker box
not to have to buy new tires on the way home
not to melt a maverick

But yes, other then that it was a damn fine time, esp Friday night. Congrats to everyone who walked!

Last edited:
Weather was great and it was a good turnout in Nevada. Good to see everyone again. The only bad thing is there's not another sanctioned contest in Iowa until May.

To:
not to melt a maverick

But yes, other then that it was a damn fine time

OK, except all that. :eek:. At least you had an electrician in house to hook you back up. :wink:

OK, except all that. :eek:. At least you had an electrician in house to hook you back up. :wink:

Yes, I meant to add a big THANKS to Shotgun Jay ... but I got in a hurry as it was my turn to pick in my fantasy draft.

Thanks Jay - works fine.

Hope you all had fun Saturday night - it was great seeing everyone again. I wanted to stick around, but I really didn't want to pull that trailer home with a hangover, so the wiring and the tree (more damage to tree then the trailer) broke the camels back and I decided to go to Don's rather then stay. I know I'll see most of ya at the Royal, and I'm sure we'll be sharing more rounds of T Rye shots.

Last edited:
To:
not to melt a maverick

But yes, other then that it was a damn fine time

Wow, did you have a flat tire?

Before I realized that was you at the corner with the Kum and Go station in Ankeny, I thought "Damn, that's a big trailer!". It looks even bigger when it's moving compared to when it's sitting.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck on the way home.

I had a great time at the contest! Seeing everyone and hanging out was a lot of fun. Can't wait until next year already. :-D

I was really pleased with how it turned out for me. I finished 19th out of 39 and my goal coming into the contest was to make the top half and turn in 4 categories I was proud of. I didn't fully accomplish it because my ribs were not as good as they could have been. I was really happy with my chicken and I didn't think it was 30th place chicken, but that's how it goes. I was pleased with my pork and burnt ends, but the brisket flat was a little dry. I'd say I got 3 entries that I was proud of. All in all, great weather, great food and great people.

Good luck to everyone at the Royal! Go Iowa Brethren!!!!!!!!

Wow, did you have a flat tire?

No ... I think saying a few rosaries on the way home helped. Actually, the tires appear to be in pretty good shape, but we felt we needed a heavier rated tire for the trailer. They'll be on craigslist very soon.

Hey - thanks to Boondoggle for the parsley and Rod for letting us hook up to the generator! Beer's on me next year (Grainbelt Premium or cheaper!) BTW, Bob - where's the "slam dunk" pic????? :)

You mean this one of Michael Jordan's brother.... Smokehouse Bob

Attachments

• bob dunk.jpg
    bob dunk.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 73
Looks like another great showing by brethren....it appears that the Smokehouse 72 gang really has the pork drill down:eusa_clap

congrats to everyone

Congrats to Smokehouse and Buster Dog for top 10 overall and to all the brethern who took walks. Lets see a pic of the 1st place pork.

Here's one ugly crew

Attachments

• ugly crew.jpg
    ugly crew.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 71
We had a great time Saturday night with musicmanryann,rookie,Pat,herbkabob, and Kenna jo. Wish you could have hung out with us Bob and buster dog split with his 4th place. Whats up Rod, thought you wanted to stay Saturday?

We had a great time Saturday night with musicmanryann,rookie,Pat,herbkabob, and Kenna jo. Wish you could have hung out with us Bob and buster dog split with his 4th place. Whats up Rod, thought you wanted to stay Saturday?
Really wanted to but Dawn had a wedding reception she decided she wanted to go to for a good friend of hers and her family. So we hauled it back to DM and went to that. Trust me, I would have stayed.

I'll catch up with you guys at the Royal. BTW...did you need to use that dish?

Hell yeah we had an awesome time! It was great to see Kenna tipsy like that.

Yeah Rod you better be ready to party down in Kansas City after ditching us on Saturday. I'll have a bottle of bootlegged Templeton ready to go with your name on it.:twisted:

Btw--Anyone itching to get back on the bbq trail should consider Windsor MO this weekend. They are desperate for team to make it a qualifier and have lowered the entry fee to $100 and free electricity. $1000 for GC. Given that it is the only comp in the midwest (save Milwaukee) this weekend there has got to be a few teams willing to go on the long weekend.

I'll catch up with you guys at the Royal. BTW...did you need to use that dish?

Yea, I'd like to try that dish out. We will need to meet up somewhere so I can get it from ya. Maybe you could drop it at Hawgeyes sometime.
Let me know what works for you.

Back