Be Careful Plugging your blower into BBQ Guru

bdodd444

Knows what a fatty is.
I just wanted to post this, because of a recent experience I had with my CyberQ II: I was at a comp last month, when I plugged in blower 1 the receptacle broke off inside the guru. I sent it back to BBQ Guru, and it is going to be $85 for a new circuit board because it is out of warranty. I had only use it maybe 20 times since I purchased it, but the lady said I needed to be more careful when plugging the blower in. I never felt like I exerted a lot of force, but apparently the Guru is more fragile than it appears, so be careful. I posted this in the comp section because I know a lot of you use them, and it is a bad feeling to have this happen on a Friday night. Take care.

Brian

Sorry to hear about your difficulties, but I have 4 gurus and have never had that problem. Overall they have been very rugged. Instead of spending $85 for the board, maybe try the new PartyQ, which is about $129. The blower and the control unit are one piece, so you won't have the same problem.

Brett

I have had 3 Guru's for 4 years now and I've never had any problems with the units. I guess anything can randomly happen.

That was one of the things that bothered me about the Guru -- that the fan attached directly to the cooker. I'm clumsy, sometimes, and I could see myself kicking the thing and breaking it off of my WSM, since it would be in range of both of my left feet. :doh:

CD

Back