Pork Butt test run

B

Bdub

I've had a few ideas bouncing in my head for things to try with my pork butt so I thought I would give it a trial run before feeding it to the masses on the 4th. Tweaked my rub and my injection and very curious to see what the results will be.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 132
Dont 'ya just hate test runs that you get to eat!!???!!!

I'm one hour into the cook and so far the Oklahoma wind is not letting me settle in to a set it and forget it sweet spot. It is blowing anywhere from 0-40 mph at any given second. Time to go mix up my spritz for my 2 hour peak.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!!

On a WSM some type of wind screen or relocating it against the house for a wind break works well.

Smart to do a trial run. What specifically did you tweak and why?
Trying a dab of jerk in my injection to give it a little kick and trying a commercial rub (Blues Hog) to see how it compliments my home made rub designed mostly for heat.

Trying a dab of jerk in my injection to give it a little kick and trying a commercial rub (Blues Hog) to see how it compliments my home made rub designed mostly for heat.

Sounds like a good plan to me.....:thumb:

Off the smoker and fixing to rest. My co-workers will be my test panel tomorrow with some pulled pork sandwiches.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 48
I forgot, what time do we have to be at work tomorrow? Nice job, I just finished dinner and got hungry again!

Back