Ever Try Peach instead of Apple?

Fishiest1

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was thinking the other day as I was looking in our pantry and saw stacks of dole peaches (have 5 kids) if ya'll have tried replacing peach juice with apple juice.

Was also thinking on Kerri's baked beans that these dole peaches might be a decent substitute for apple pie filling.

Ya'll ever use peaches?

Thanks!

You can pretty much substitute peaches in any recipe that calls for apples. I've used peaches for Keri's beans.

Normally, though peaches come in syrup so you have to be somewhat careful with substituting peach syrup for apple juice. The sugar content is way different.

And here I thought I was doing something a bit different, thanks for crushing me! :)

How did the beans turn out?

Thanks!

My wife interchanges them for the dump cakes and cobbler also just drain the peaches well.

my girlfriend made a glaze with peaches and our muscadine wine we make and it was great over chicken thighs

Apple pie filling, peaches are both great, and used here often. But my overall favorite and most asked for is cherries, whole or preserves-pie filling,cut to bean size. I save most of the peaches to go with pineapple chunks that get, honey drizzled, bacon wrapped and slow smoked. Yum. Steve.

Apple pie filling, peaches are both great, and used here often. But my overall favorite and most asked for is cherries, whole or preserves-pie filling,cut to bean size. I save most of the peaches to go with pineapple chunks that get, honey drizzled, bacon wrapped and slow smoked. Yum. Steve.

Just don't use blueberry pie filling in Keri's beans. At least that's wha I've "heard"....

Unlike apple juice, peach nectar contains high percentage of suspended solids. If you use it in injections or any other application that uses clear juice you have to strain it well first.

I heard somewhere that myron used peaches in the beans at his restaurant. The person said they were good. If you like peaches, go for it.

I'm going to have to try the cherries. Is it basically kerri c's beans but with cherry instead of apple?

My buddies request the peaches over apples in my smoked beans. I use my wifes canned peaches sliced to 1/2" wedges. I will try some cherries in the next batch even tho it sounds like a lot of work to cut them up.

what larry said. peaches ROCK in hog apple beans. more expensive then apple but if you gotta 'em on hand, go for it. you won't be disappointed!

Unlike apple juice, peach nectar contains high percentage of suspended solids. If you use it in injections or any other application that uses clear juice you have to strain it well first.

I, for one, plan to never ever inject suspended solids into anything!!

Back