Discussion Thread -> "Let's Make Dagwood Drool!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

tumblr_ls7u70SHtM1qa54sa.gif

attachment.php

Thanks for ruining breakfast... :tsk:

I could add an egg if that would help. :wink:

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

OK, I'll bite. But hey! Is that an official entry Bubba? Don't pull a me and get DQ'd by not stating so specifically...:mrgreen:

Unfortunately not official as i make these everyday and oh ya.....forgot the damn chips. Party pooper mod. :tongue:

Official Rewind/Replay Entry.

sammich1_zpsd80bb77d.jpg

Details here...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2776089#post2776089
Originally Posted by CharredApron
The theme for the next TD will be, " Lets Make Dagwood Drool" Main ingredients for the sandwich must be grilled or smoked and served with a pickle and chips.

On Edit. This sammich WAS served with pickles and chips. Pickled jalapeno was added to the Pancho's white cheese dip and tortilla chips were the vehicle for the pickled dip. The rule did not specifically state the pickle and chips had to be in the picture, only that they were served, which they were. So there.
Also, technically, you could enter without even submitting a photo, as a description would suffice. Not that you'd get votes, but hey.
I can pick nits pretty good when I want to. :grin:

With a pickle and (Two) chips. :thumb:

samie_zps1903b652.jpg

As per the category description set forth by Mongo and Jed:

Guerry's entry had neither chips nor pickles in the entry shot.

Therefore, Deguerre's entry will be disqualified and will receive a Dilly Bar in a flavor randomly chosen by Ronelle.

Please note that Guerry can submit another entry or entries before the TD ends if he so chooses as per standard Throwdown Rules.

Folks, if you plan to enter a throwdown with special rules/guidelines set forth by the previous week's winners, please read them carefully and apply them in your entries.

As your TD moderators, Ron and I take no pleasure in issuing DQ's, but we simply cannot selectively apply the rules.

Back to regularly scheduled programming!

I submit that Deguerre's entry is valid by virtue of the bell pepper addition! Color of pickle and Crunch of a Chip! I call that creative and say Let The Voters Decide! :eusa_clap

On edit, Nevermind. See above.

I submit that Deguerre's entry is valid by virtue of the bell pepper addition! Color of pickle and Crunch of a Chip! I call that creative and say Let The Voters Decide! :eusa_clap

On edit, Nevermind. See above.

I say the addition of the snap beans cover the pickle and chip requirement! Green as in pickle and crunchy as in chip. I say Let The Voters Decide!

The special rules that Jed specified don't say "things that are the color of a pickle and crunch of a chip". The special rules say pickles and chips. We've been down this road before and the decision then was that the TD mods enforce the normal TD rules as well as any special rules specified by the person who picked the category.

This is an official entry (amidoinitrite?) :-D

Parsley Lady requested grilled chicken sandwiches for dinner, so who am I to refuse her.

Then I remember that it was -2 outside with a wind chill of about -15 :tsk: So, I fired up the Saber gasser, put on my winter coat, hat and gloves and ran out and tossed a couple of chicken chests on the grill and ran back in. Repeat once again to flip them and repeat yet again to add cheese, toast the buns and bring it all in. I didn't even think about taking my phone or camera out in that cold :tsk: :tsk:. So, no action shots.

But, I do have this...

DBC5CA2D-910B-4401-BA34-3F63463950A8_zpsvdydlf7l.jpg

This is my entry picture ^^^^

Now some details... I marinated the chicken chests in Frontera Grill's Three Citrus Garlic marinade. I'm a fan of Chef Rick Bayless and I haven't found any of his Frontera Grill products that I didn't like, and this marinade is very good. I let them sit in the marinade for about 4 hours and then tossed (OK, probably more like threw and ran) then on the grill until the internal temp was about 145. Then I tossed on some co-jack cheese for Parsley Lady and some Buffalo Hot Pepper Cheddar for me. Once the cheese was melted I let the chicken rest while I gave the pretzel buns, brushed with bacon grease, a quick toast on the grill.

The sandwich itself has a toasted pretzel bun, fresh guacamole, the chicken breast with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and more guacamole.

One the side I added some fresh tortilla chips from a local market, more guac, and some Holy Smokes BBQ Pickles (available through Brethren owned thebbqsuperstore.com).

The sandwich did not suck! :-D

And yeah, I made a chicken sandwich... :becky:

DBC5CA2D-910B-4401-BA34-3F63463950A8_zpsvdydlf7l.jpg

Great looking chicken Dagwood Ron... Everything in it, around it and on it screams get in my belly! :mrgreen:

Nice lookin sammich there Ron :heh:

I like the pickle chips and chips, doubled down on the chip requirement :thumb:

OK, so with Guerry's entry being so close to his last entry, I feel the need to ask.... Mongo, if you're going to make a Lobster Thermadore sandwich, please let me know so I can save myself the trouble of entering this throwdown. Thanks!

Back