Contest Announcment Hudson Valley RibFest, 8/18 - 8/19, 2012, New Paltz NY

HVRibFest

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The 8th Hudson Valley RibFest takes place on August 18 & 19 at the Ulster County Fairgrounds in New Paltz NY.
Checkout http://www.hudsonvalleyribfest.org

Saturday 8/18 is the NEBS Grilling Contest (pending NEBS approval)

• Pizza
  • Chicken Wings
  • Apple Dessert
  • Salmon

Sunday 8/19 is the KCBS BBQ Contest

• Chicken
  • Pork Ribs
  • Pork Butt / Shoulder
  • Beef Brisket
Complete Cooks Info http://hudsonvalleyribfest.org/downloads/2012cooks-info-sheet.pdf
Contest Application http://hudsonvalleyribfest.org/downloads/2012contestapplication.pdf

This year the contest is limited to 50 teams and entry fees have been lowered.

See you in New Paltz!

Attachments

• 2012 pig.jpg
    2012 pig.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 209
same weekend as sams club on the island...decisions decisions, at least we finally have to decide which one to go to! New york, specifically long island is finally heating up!

Go to both!! KCBS Sams on Sat. KCBS New Paltz on Sun. !!!

BBQ-Brethren.com is going for BOTH!!!!

I think it's great that they lowered the entry fee. How often do you see that ? Why limit to 50 teams though?

We will definately be back for our third year at Ribfest. It is a very well run contest. The complimentary fly swatter did come in handy last year!:becky:

I think it's great that they lowered the entry fee. How often do you see that ? Why limit to 50 teams though?

I had an issue I emailed Rolf about, basically saying I didn't think they were as team friendly as when I first started attending HVRF six years ago, I think it is getting too big for them at the 70 team level, so maybe they want to get back to a smaller manageable event - He said "big is not always better!":thumb:

FYI - for teams that will do Sam's Club on Long Island and then head upstate to New Paltz for the ribfest...
I have been in contact with Stephanie and Rolf regarding how to accommodate teams that will arrive late from the Sam's Club contest.
If you plan on doing both contests, note on your application that you will arrive late saturday and that you were doing the sam's club contest. By letting them know on your application they will have spots saved for the late arrivals close to the entrance and where we will be less likely to disturb the teams that have been set up all day. Rolf will also be on hand between 9 and 11 pm to do meat inspection so that the lat arrivals can get to cooking ASAP. These spots will be larger than the 20 by 20 and be an extra $60.00.
Stephanie and Rolf have been very accommodating and willing to help make it happen for those teams that want to do a "double header":clap2:

Sled,

I believe one of the factors is that you need more reps when the comp goes over 50 teams.

Last year they flew in a rep from the midwest at a considerable expense.

I think the number of teams went down from 2010 as well meaning less income to cover the cost of the out of area rep.

Slim's is in for the double!

KC and the Smokeshack Band will be there. This is our first contest outside of WNY, and I'm looking forward to it.

Babylon Grillbillies are in went last year our first time there was really good comp.
And the 10 dollar big lot fans helped keep the fly's down pretty good in prep area.

RxCellentQ is comming back. This was our first contest and tops on our calander.

Back