Found a new charcoal, could be very good stuff

jdub

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Nature's Grilling Hardwood Briquettes.
naturesgrillingproducts . com

I found them on the back shelf in a Shaws Supermarket. Its the real deal, "crushed lump" type stuff. Burns smooth, no ash

Their website is a barely built, no info on it.
Is anybody hip to this stuff?

Pictures comments ??

did you like it? does it perform well ? Flavor / Heat / Smell

little ash is good for sure

I can only compare it to Wicked Good Charcoal Briquettes. Its about the same as that stuff.

They have a briquette too. Basically lump ground up and "glued" together with some sort of vegetable paste. This new stuff looks similar.
Burns smooth, slow, even, hot, and no ash.
I missed out on the big Rancher charcoal stampede, but wasn't it similar?

Naked whiz has a review of the WGC briquette. KILLER stuff.

I have 5 odd pounds in the Drum right now and it is burning a bit slow, I have a valve WFO, and when I burn lump in there, that would raise the roof. I'll have to try some in the WSM, it really "tells" me whats up with charcoal.
This could be a good thing.

I sent them a message via their website on 5-15-08, inquiring on a west coast distributer and have yet to get any response - even if it is good fuel they look as if they may be in trouble or having start up issues. considering they have been in start mode for 4 years now

Like I said, yall know now as about it as I do, I was bumbling through a grocery a couple months ago and there it was. A couple lonely bags next to the Match Light. Heck I am not positive which store I saw it in, I think it was a Shaws.
Lets try this: everyone write em a nice email-"heard about your stuff, where can i find it?", etc, and lets see if we can shake em loose. This is good stuff. Don't know about the price as it was on some store clearance price. But lets find out.

Hey maybe they are South American Drug Lords laundering money. I don't really condone that stuff, but if you can get in on the ground floor............:mrgreen:

I also sent an information request via the web form a couple days ago and have heard nothing.

Of course, to me, this only indicates a lack of attention to modern forms of communication. They may be just fine . . . but not in tune with their web site.

From what I read, they seem to be serious about replacing the wood that they use to create their product and they seem to be committed to using Yucca plant fibers to bind their briquettes - which is cool in my opinion. I'm all for keeping the fuel for my heat source natural - or at least not dangerous!

Back