Smoked Venison Shoulder...self serve style?

Looks amazing Jeanie! If I ever kill a deer this year I'm definately gonna do that! I love the sunset pic too!

Thank you everybody! It was a nice evening. :wink:

Michael, thank you! :wink:

Ree Drummond eat your heart out!
You know...sometimes I wonder what it would be like to marry a cowboy with a ranch..... Wonder if I'd get more accomplished with him doing the hard stuff around here. :cool::wink: Hmmmm.. I guess I can day dream about it.

Thank you Mike! :-D

Lou and Pete, thanks.. you don't know how much I appreciate your friendships.

Thank you Curt and Bogus!! Bogus, I hope you have great luck with the venison, that's nice of your friends to give you part.

I could sit by the fire for hour's or at least till that great looking food was gone! Nice place ya got there. Love the table, How big is that cast iron skillet?

Smoke it, thanks! The skillet is a 15 inch one. It's great for frying potatoes or okra for a crowd too. but it is a bit heavy when full. :-D

Thank you George, Max and Al!! :wink:

Jeanie, where did you learn all this? Everything you do and all your pictures are beautiful. You are a totally amazing person. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Almost all moved now Jeanie. Tomorrow will just be cleaning and scrubbing. Man am I beat.

Paul thank you!! :wink::-D

Babyboomer, you are too kind, thank you!! My Mom was a good cook and Dad taught me how to hunt. :wink::biggrin: I'm still learning.... from you and the rest of the Brethren. Thanks for letting me hang out here with you!

Marc, I bet you are beat! I was wondering how your move is going. Moving isn't much fun and it's gotta be tough this time of the year! Hope you get settled into your new place soon.

Food looks great!! Well done.

Will definitely have to do this with the other venison shoulder I have from my get this first deer, a button buck. I smoked one of them about two weeks ago after a marinade, bbq style. This will be great to try.

and to think if I had asked I could have had 8 shoulders total, but our thinking was that only my young one's shoulders would be tender enough,, next year I am gettin em all!! I was thinking do the rear legs smoke well? We take out the roast of the leg but was wondering if one leg left intact would be good?

Back