North Carolina Pulled Pork ***Lots of Pron

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Had not done a Butt in a while.

Lit the Egg at 3:00am. Put a 8 Lb Butt on at 3:45.

Picture1865.jpg

Could not beat the price

Picture1848.jpg

Nice Marble, Trimmed most all fat off.

Picture1852.jpg

Rubbed with Pecan and Garlic and Herb

Picture1860.jpg

Picture1861.jpg

Egg still holding at 235º at 8:00am

Picture1891.jpg

Took to 170º and wrapped in foil. Brought up to 200º and let rest for 45 minutes.

Picture1885.jpg

13 Hour cook

Picture1904.jpg

Sliding off the bone

Picture1912.jpg

Pulled and Drizzled with Finishing sauce, ready to eat. Moist and Tasty!

Picture1921.jpg

Finishing Sauce

1 cup Cider Vinegar
2 Tbl Brn Sugar
1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
Black Pepper
Chili Pepper flakes
1 Tsp Honey

Warm sauce and let set for at least 4 hours.

That is one awesome looking butt. Great job. Love that little coolie hat on the egg too. :biggrin:

That wet rub looks great! Mind sharing?

Not my idea, I watched a segment on the American Royal a few nights ago. What I did was sprinkle a coating of rub and lightly sprayed a fine mist of AJ the night before and then repeated the process in the morning. :wink:

Looks good. How did you like the trimmed butt?

Looks good. How did you like the trimmed butt?

Big difference! :-D Much less waste of Bark and a lot easier to get ready for serving by having so much less gel to remove. I will always trim from now on.

.88 cents a pound. Man, those don't show up around here. .99 cents but rare. Good looking meat, I like those eggs, just need to save my money.

That looks great, Terry. We had CSRs and pork steaks on sale at the local Price Chopper this weekend for 99¢ per pound. I bought about 20 lbs and Food Saved all but dinner tonight.

Are those stars in the first picture?

Nice looking butt, was it raining in the first picture, looked kinda like snow, then I checked where you live..........probably not snow!

Good looking piece of meat! Saw the .88 too, just got some at Kroger for .99 last week but thats the lowest I've ever seen it.

Scott

Hey Terry! Where the heck did ya score the butt at .88? C'mon man, I share those steal prices, ya gotta help a brother out!

Good job on the butt, hope you enjoyed.

That looks yummy. Quick Q, why trim the fat? I've always left it on and on "top". Thought it was supposed to render through the meat, in turn making the butt even juicier?

looks great, thanks for the finishing sauce recipe. t

Gotta love pulled pork. Looking dang good. I love that citrus tree in the background. I raid my uncle's lemon tree when we visit him in Gilbert. Nothing beats a fresh lemon or orange right off the tree.

Back