Chicken Dinner and the dreaded...

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Yesterday I was lazy and decided to prepare the evening's meal before going in to work in the morning. It looked like this when I got home...

chicken_zps9787d050.jpg

Pretty good, eh?

I had three cups of dried pintos, 8 cups or so water, three chopped bell peppers of varying colors, one large chopped purple onion, several good shakes of celery seed and flaked celery, a 12 oz package of chorizo and 8 chicken thighs dusted with Fiesta brand fajita seasoning rub.

potochicken2_zps03125596.jpg

potochicken1_zps51fc077c.jpg

Chicken removed from the...CROCK POT!

potobeans_zps0648a58c.jpg

And in the bowl.

served_zps2b94249f.jpg

This was pretty dang good, if not que. Lazy is good sometimes. Thanks for looking!

That looks great! And since you started the confessional, I'm guilty too! :shocked: :mrgreen: We did a "bbq" chuckie in the crockpot yesterday, and it was excellent, actually.

6 AM: Beef chuck roast rubbed down with my bbq rub, seared in cast iron, and put into crockpot with homemade bbq sauce:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

6PM: Chuckie pulled, slapped in a bun, fries and beer added. Goooood!

Attachments

• chuckie4.jpg
    chuckie4.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 423
That looks great! And since you started the confessional, I'm guilty too! :shocked: :mrgreen: We did a "bbq" chuckie in the crockpot yesterday, and it was excellent, actually.

6 AM: Beef chuck roast rubbed down with my bbq rub, seared in cast iron, and put into crockpot with homemade bbq sauce:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

6PM: Chuckie pulled, slapped in a bun, fries and beer added. Goooood!

attachment.php

Nice! Crock pots do have their uses.:thumb:

Last edited:
i need to learn how to make beans, but this is something i could even tell my wife to do.

hmmmmm

Looks so good! I too admit to having an affair with my crock pot. Couldn't do a chili cook-off without her!

what temp and how long? im dying to try this :)

I had let the beans soak in the crock pot overnight and added a little more water in the morning.

Started the beans first on high setting around 5:30. Added the veggies and the chorizo (In the skin for cooking, removed at the end) then dusted the thighs and laid them skin side up on the very top so the skin would be above the liquid. Turned down to medium setting after about two hours and left it untouched until getting home from work at 5 when it was done. So, a little less than 12 hours.

2404x1605 pixels. Impressive Mr. Biggles! I think I'll go with Crock Pot Underground though. We have really good intel...

Back