Chili Winner Here

Bluesman

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Last weekend my wife and I headed to Door County for the annual Winter Festival in Fish Creek. I have been entering the Chili Comp for the lst 8 years. This year I had mixed feeelings on my entry and decided to add something. I fired up my crock pot Saturday morning in the condo and had one our freinds do some taste testing. What does it need? I asked. She said more heat. So out come the spices and I added about 4 Tblsp of Todd's Cajun Dirt and about 4 Tbsp of Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Bingo that was it. I drove my wife and our freinds down to the contest and asked my wife to take it in and sign up while I park. She did so, under her name. Well we finished 6th in the judges voting and after that anyone can pay $5 to taste test all the chili you want. You also get one vote for the "Peoples Choice". Last night we got a call from the committee and we won the Peoples Choice Award. I thought we may be in the running, as my 7 quarts of chili was gone in about an hour. So the wife gets some assorted goodies and gets to be a judge :shock: in next years comp. Now, who do I get to take my chili in next year:doh::doh:

Congrats on the win.
Next time play to the judges. Get her to deliver it.
cierrasnow_114.jpg

Congrats- I've been working on my chili recipe the last few weeks getting ready for a comp in April- I think I found a winning combo. Again congrats- Judges? the people know better.

Ain't winning great? We did a local chili contest a few months ago at our Harley dealership and won best chili too.

Congratulations Bluesman! You do know that it's Brethren tradition that you give us all your winning recipe right?:p I am a chili fanatic in search of the perfect chili so I must have your recipe!

P.S. If you want to break tradition and not share with everyone, kindly PM me with it.:wink:

Good things always happen when the wife suggests more heat & spice.

That is awesome!!! congrats to you. We have been been putting Bayou DIRT in our chili, and everyone goes crazy for it.

Can I put your post on the Todd's DIRT fan page on Bookface?

That is awesome!!! congrats to you. We have been been putting Bayou DIRT in our chili, and everyone goes crazy for it.

Can I put your post on the Todd's DIRT fan page on Bookface?

Sure Can

Congrats!
My Dad used to win chili cookoffs with a chicken chili recipe. I'll have to see if I still have it.

Okay guys here it is.

Door County Peoples Choice Award Winning Chili

Ingredients:

3 - 3.5# chili grind chuck
1 large can Sacramento Tomatoe Juice
1 can tomatoe paste
2 cans tomatoe chunks
3 sweet onions chopped
1 each red and green bell pepper chopped
5 cloves chopped garlic
3 Anaheim peppers cored and sliced into chunks
1 1/2 tblsp Cumin
5 Tblspn Todd's Bayou Dirt
1Tblsspn Sea Salt
3 Tblespn cracked pepper
2 Tblspn red pepper
2 Tblspn chili powder
3 -4 Tblspn Frank's red Hot Sauce
Add water as needed. I use to use beer but this was better IMHO.
Put the beer in You!!!!!!!

Now use the seasoning to your liking. My measurments are merely a guide and are also added while drinking. So you mileage may vary. Cook like you would normal chili. You know, brown the meat, put the veggies and sauces in a larger stock pot, add spices and meat, cook on simmer for about 5 hours. And there you have it.

The one thing I did do was to course chop all of the veggies to match the texture of the course chili ground beef. Worked well.

Last edited:
Back